RULE STYLE and WEIGHT CLASS
All Fighters must choose a RULE DIVISION - FIGHTING STYLE
and WEIGHTCLASS to Fight in when they register for their Regional Event OR when
they Register as a Walkover to the Finals.
For fighters who qualified and plan to attend the Finals as a
Regional Winner or Walkover (No regional to attend or no opponent at their
CANNOT change their RULE or WEIGHT DIVISION at the National Finals. They
MUST Compete at Nationals in the SAME RULE DIVISION and SAME WEIGHT DIVISION as they Won their Regional
level event at or Registered as a Walkover at. If a fighter weighs-in heavier
than their registered fight weight division, whether at the Regional Level or
the Finals, they will be given "2 HOURS" to LOSE the Weight to make
their Registered weight class. NO FIGHTER MAY "GAIN" Weight to make
their weight class. If a Fighter weighs-in UNDER their weight class, they will
be automatically disqualified from competition without any refund of any
registration fees. If after 2 hours, the fighter is still unable to make their
registered weight, they will be disqualified from competition whether at the
Regional Level or the Finals, without any refund of registration fees.
HOWEVER if there are no
fighters in or close to their weight and or rule division registered for the
Finals, they will be given a choice within 1 week after the Registration
Deadline date to either switch rule and or weight divisions OR be given a refund
of their Finals Registration Fees.
MATCHMAKING AT THE
- All FINAL MATCHMAKING and BOUT ORDER for each bout at the
FINALS will be Confirmed
AFTER the Official Weigh-Ins.
- WALKOVER CHAMPIONS: There will be NO WALKOVER CHAMPIONS.
"HOWEVER", IF you were in a
bracket of 4 or more fighters and none of your confirmed opponents showed up at
the weigh-in of the Finals Tournament you will be awarded the title by walkover.
- If a fighter qualifies at a regional event and we discover that there are
no CONFIRMED Opponents for them to fight in their weight class PRIOR
to the date of the Finals Tournament Weekend, they will have several options.
- SWITCH to a WEIGHT CLASS
above or below them to be matched.
- SWITCH to a different rule style.
- Not attend the Finals Tournament.
RULES AFTER FIRST DEADLINE PASSES
ALL DIVISIONS WITHOUT A MINIMUM OF -1- FIGHTER IN THEM WILL CLOSE AS OF
you register AFTER FIRST
DEADLINE you must register into a division that has fighters in
NOT A CLOSED DIVISION!
Tournament Seeding only applies BEFORE first deadline.
Champion -TOP SEED- only applies BEFORE first deadline.
AFTER FIRST DEADLINE
passes, all fighters will be seeded according to WHEN
their registration is received.
- Fighters Are Seeded According To The Following
- First Seeding right goes to the Previous Years Defending Champion if in the
SAME weightclass and rule style.
- If no Previous Years Defending Champion, the next potential seed position
goes to a fighter who fought in an actual regional division bout at a regional
event and won his/her match.
- If there is more than 1 winner, the seeding will be determined by WHEN the
fighters Registration Form was RECEIVED here at IKF
- If no Regional Winner, the next potential seed position goes to a fighter
who Lost a Regional Seeding Tournament Bout.
- If no Regional Winner or loser who fought, the next potential seed position
goes to a fighter who Registered at a Regional Seeding Tournament but did not
have a bout.
- PRIOR TO FIRST DEADLINE: If no Regional registered fighters,
fighter's will be seeded according to *WHEN
their registration form was RECEIVED at the IKF
- (*) This seeding use to go to the
fighter with the better confirmed fight record.
However, in 2010, we discovered several fighters who registered with false
records. So this is the only fair way to register all fighters. This being
said, "Get your registration form & photo in EARLY!"
- If a Tie on Day RECEIVED, the tie will be broken by Earliest date
registration was POSTMARKED to IKF.
- AFTER FIRST DEADLINE
All fighters will be seeded according to WHEN their
registration is received.