View Full Version : Let's Go!
02-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Mr. Pogue, Mr. Geek:
Thank you for the interesting weekend! It was fun getting to know you both and learning your personalities a little more. :D This should make reading posts and emails a little easier, shouldn't it? :rolleyes:
Geek, still have your beads on today? keep the party going!
Jason (fight geek)
02-21-2005, 08:53 AM
The party beads are still on. (I may never take them off) I will have them on in two weeks for my return trip for the fights.
For those of you who were not there.
Let's hit the important parts.
1. Training was awesome fun. I learned A LOT from RP (the professor) and Pete from PSDA. Thanks much!
I wish Carroll and Philly were in Minnesota so we could do it more.
2. Red Bull and Vodka is your friend and enemy.
3. Randy B has really really hard elbows.
4. Jennifer Love Hewitt is a bartended in Carroll Iowa.
5. Jennifer Love Hewitt doesn't return phone calls to numbers with Philladelphia area codes.
5. Pete can break glass with parts of his body that should'nt be breaking anything.
6. Female German Dancers like the Geek.
7. Randy Pogue likes to start fires in Microwaves by putting food covered in tinfoil in them and pushing start.
8. I saw one of the signs of the apacolypse (sp?) and that is that not only do people watch car racing, they do it in Sorround Sound. Whatever Deana.
I need to go get some sleep.
02-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Definately a good time!!!!
Important things from my point of view.
1. Mr. Pogue and Mr. Peterson are great teachers. Thanks guys it was a great learning experience.
2. My friggin ribs are sore.
3. When Geek says he is crazy flexible - he ain't kidding. That kind of flexibility is very handy for kicking people in the head.
4. Red Bull and Vodka - I've never been that wide awake and drunk at the same time.
5. Female German dancers like Dave's girlfriend too!
6. Mr. Pogue moves really fast in the ring and really SLOOOWWW everywhere else.
7. Pam had a lot of Mardi Gras beads by the end of the night Saturday night.
8. Spooning is a Martial Art.
9. You can buy beer in Iowa convenience stores at 1:57 a.m.
When do we do it again?
02-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Things I learned this weekend....
1. Geek scored the first head kick....ain't that right RP?
2. RP sounds like a monkey in the ring sometimes.
3. You can break glass with palms and feet, but the shards aren't near as interesting as if you do it with other parts.
4. Dave's girlfriend isn't as shy as she says she is.
5. A guy can be too drunk to walk or talk and still shoot pool well.
6. Hangovers can have a delay.
7. Randy Pogue may not get phone calls returned by hot female bartenders but he can really woo the 8yr olds.
8. Geek wears boxers.
9. Spooning is underrated.
10. Randy Pogue has a really big........phone.
02-21-2005, 03:56 PM
I would love to post the details of a wonderful weekend in Iowa, but I am too long-winded to fit it all in, so I’ll print just the highlights…or in the words of the famous Inigo Montoya, “Let me explain. No, there is no time. Let me sum up.”
anyone else stick their nekked butt through a plate glass window this weekend…
fashion move for the spring season-wife beaters and title belts…
2 a day trainings…
the devil’s got your nose…
when was the last time a nekked German girl told you “I vaant to take you home and vraape you”…
weird, it never occurred to me to just punch faster…
great chops and some bubbly…
Robyn Love Hewitt and the perpetual “Maybe”…
a $400,000 barn, and those great Carroll hammer games…
umm, I think the microwave is on fire…
3 hours of the Doppler effect in surround sound…
we’d like the romantic weekend getaway package…
it’s aaaall good, baby…he can’t stand up, but the kid can shoot some pool…
who’s foot is that,wait, who’s hand is that…
finally some people who can ’go light’…
does it make you feel good that you side kicked me in the face, or bad because I completely ignored it…
are you waiting for a ride…
vodka and red bulls for everyone…
the DOORS, now give me a beer…
he’s not on the path…
now THAT’S a hot pickle…
nipple-licking was the LAST thing I expected…
who earned their beads…
ok, you can’t hit him in the head, and he can’t kick you in your leg, but you can kick him in his leg, so just go light…
acid is dumb--whatever dude…
mojo award to Jason who, in addition to the “German Incident,” had a guy try to trick him into leaving the bar with him and also had his butt grabbed by a lesbian…
Maybe more will enter my numb brain later.
02-21-2005, 04:10 PM
1. It's "fate" when you can find Tshirts on clearance at Walmart that have perfect sayings on them without planning it.
2. Geek has great eyes and is adorable without glasses but creates a much more charming look with his vintage glasses!
3. RP is just as cute in person as he is in his pictures. Just one more night and you would have been "this close" to robin.
4. Randy B can hold up under pressure, not pee his pants, and even get in some good shots!
5. DO NOT accidently kick RP in the family jewels while sparring.
6. Pete doesn't have a glass jaw, but does have glass somewhere else. no wait, we dug that out already.
7. Chocolate malts help hangovers.
8. Sinus/Ear infections are not your friend if you want to spar.
9. Mardi Gras, even a week late, in Iowa can still be fun.
10. FREE Slippery Nipple shots............
11. 4-5 hours of sleep a night is NOT good!
12. RP gives great foot massages!
13. Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooo
Vegas or Bust!
02-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Sounds like a regular weekend in Dublin!!!! Without the ass through the window part!!!
Think I'll start saving for my flights before you guys plan the next weekend of debauchery!!!
02-22-2005, 06:28 AM
oh Jay, you missed out on a fun weekend. Save those frequent flyer miles, join us in Vegas in April! Well, that is, if we all get to go. LOL :rolleyes:
I'm still waiting to see what Pete's take on the weekend is. I'm sure he will write something inspiring and funny as soon as he can sit down..... :eek:
02-22-2005, 06:53 AM
He's probably still sitting with a tweezers and a mirror trying to pick shards of glass from his butt!!!!
02-22-2005, 07:08 AM
naw, i got it all out Saturday night. It really wasn't that bad, just hilarious and a historic" moment! :p
Jason (fight geek)
02-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Maybe next time we will all fly to Ireland and raise havoc with you there.
You know, sort of a take the show on the road type of deal.
Randy Pogue will be easy to spot at the airport. He will have a wife beater on with a championship belt. I am not joking, that is how the weekend started, me picking him up at the airport and that is what he was wearing. Hey I lost the bet. But it was worth it.
02-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Well, no time yet to make a long post about the weekend, but I will soon enough. So, the short of it: I am still recovering as well. being sick and all that sparring did me in. It was well worth it though. I thoroughly enjoyed sparring with Jason and RP. It was a good pace, good energy, good technique, some horse play that was fun as well. I learned a lot from both of you. Now the drinking, wow I think RED BULL and VODKA is my new drink. I had no hangover at all either day. (i was run down from being sick, not the alcohol). It was a good time had by all! We need to keep it going, on the road (Philly, Minny, Dublin, Vegas..etc, etc.).
I will post more of my thoughts later when things here slow down a bit.
02-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Yo're probably still buzzing from all that caffeine in your Red Bull!!! By the way, best of luck with your event(this wkend isnt it)!!!! Hope it all runs well!! Ireland out!! And Irelands waiting Geek, for you to showcase your elasticity!!! Vodks red bull is also very very popular here, especially in a pint glass!!
Jason (fight geek)
02-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Pint glasses of Vodka RedBull. Well at least I wouldn't have to order so many of them. I think I will stick to the Guiness when I get to Ireland.
Before I (we) come.
there are a couple of things you should do that are not really necessary, but will add to the experience.
1. Watch the movie Almost Famous.
2. Never take yourself too seriously.
3. Love kickboxing
4.. Have a lot of hot female friends...ok this will add to my experience...but just go with it for now.
am I missing anything?
02-23-2005, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=Jason (fight geek)]Pint glasses of Vodka RedBull. geek[/QUOTE]
Jay, are the "pint glasses" really glass or are they plastic? Geek doesn't like plastic. :D
02-26-2005, 03:13 AM
All Glass, I never take myself seriously, lurve kickboxing, and the amount of hot females in Dublin on a Saturday night is a sight to behold(hopefully Randy will have his peepers fixed by then so he can fully enjoy the "scenery")
vBulletin v3.0.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.