Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Banned

Post Do I hear wedding bells (Craig Smith)

As most of you know Craig Smith is pretty much a confirmed bacholor. Known throughout as a smooth talkin, blocking, ladies man. I think all of that is coming to an abrupt end! At Craig's last event he met a young lady by the name of Tanya. Instead of Tanya being another victim of Mr Smith's masculine charm. Craig was snared in the big bear trap of LOVE. In most situations Craig would act like a trapped wolf and naw his leg off before being caught. Instead Craig has been a willing participant in Tanya's nest o' love. Wait! Listen! Do you hear it? I thought you did. It is the gentle chime of weeding bells ringing in Va Beach. I am sure that this comes as a shock to many in the IKF and kickboxing in general. After all Craig has been a HERO, a CHAMPION, for all of us men who were snared long ago. Craig is like the wild buck who escapes the hunter season after season who finally falls to the hunters arrow. Not just any arrow mind you the arrow of Tanya. The arrow of love! The string of the bow pulled by Cupid's own hand! Craig has gone so many seasons without being bagged. If he has a rack like and deer they would be the size of a BUICK! For those of you who know Mr. Smith (the blocking icon) personally have probably had the same problems that I have had recently. Getting in touch with Craig. I call and leave message after message on Craig's cell phone with no return call. I guess he is with his lady and doesn't have time for his pals anymore. He is either with her of listening to love songs that his lady Tanya emails to him throughout the day. He listens to the beautiful love songs downloaded in the name of love. With wells of tears in his eyes he listens and sings along while thinking of his love Tanya. I understand that it his hard to dial the telephone while you heart is heavy and you eyes are full of tears. Maybe Craig will have a light hearted dry eyed moment and call me back who knows? Probably not though. Just as Mark Selbee (IKF World Champion and World Champion ladies man, that has also been snared) said on that fateful night" It seems to be a match made in heaven! " My final question I will ask here since I cannot reach him by phone. When are you going to pop the question?
Yours Truly,
Ronnie Copeland

Last edited by Ronnie Copeland : 11-27-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Contender

Default Re: Do I hear wedding bells (Craig Smith)

Great stuff Ronnie, keep it coming.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

C'mon, Ronnie. Do you really think it's true? Don't give up on a champ like Craig so soon. I know, he hasn't quite been himself lately, but maybe he was just backed up real bad. I'm sure he will get this out of his system and be back to his old self in no time. Otherwise, he will have joined the ranks of Jason Reeves, going down very early and without putting up a fight. That would be a real shame. He might have to hand over the keys and let Tanya start running his school. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that Mr. Smith is just doing the rope-a-dope, and will come out on top in the long run. If not, he might have to move to Mississippi.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Contender

I know how Ronnie feels. When I called Craig last week he told me he was having breakast with his girlfriend and from there was heading to Home Depot and depending on time, maybe Bed Bath and Beyond. I still haven't heard back from him. I am really happy that he is so wrapped up in this new relationship.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Banned

Talking Re: Do I hear wedding bells (Craig Smith)

I know what you mean Mark. Their may still be hope for Craig. It is funny that you bring up Bed Bath and Beyond. About two years ago Craig was down at Randy Ballard's training for a fight. The first thing he did wrong that weekend was bring his girlfriend to training with him. But to his credit he trained like a mad man the first day UNTIL it was time to do sprints. He claiMed an injury and sat in the hot tub watching out the window while the other guys ran sprints.I cannot attest to the validity of this statement but unlike Randy and the other guys I gave Craig the benefit of the doubt that he truly was injured and it wasn't him being soft because of his woman. Day 2 of training and back the the Bed Bath and Beyond story. We were all staying with Randy. We got up and had breakfast and went to the gym for a morning lift. The plan was to go back that afternoon and do some kickboxing work. We were about ready to go back to the gym for the second session when out of lthe blue Craig looked at Randy and said " You know Randy I don't think that I am going to the gym for the second session. My foot is still sore and I really haven't spent enough time with Jenny lately. So I think I am going to go and look around and Bed Bath and Beyond instead." Our mouths dropped in amazement! No way did he just say that in front of his buddies, his kickboxing buddies! At least he could have made up a good lie! We all are forced to go to Bed Bath and Beyond on ocassion but to want to go. Randy almost feed him a round kick to the neck right then and there. That will be the day that goes down in history as the day Craig wore panties. And he did go to that store and shopped for hours. I hated to be the one to tell this awful tale in p***y whipdom but it had to be done. I am glad that it was me and not Randy Ballard because it would have been much worse.

Last edited by Ronnie Copeland : 11-28-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:13 AM
Master Champion

Isn't it odd that Craig has not stepped up to defend his position?
Old 11-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Craig Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbee
I know how Ronnie feels. When I called Craig last week he told me he was having breakast with his girlfriend and from there was heading to Home Depot and depending on time, maybe Bed Bath and Beyond. I still haven't heard back from him. I am really happy that he is so wrapped up in this new relationship.

If you remember correctly, when I asked you what I should get her for being so nice and giving so much TLC you said to go to Bed Bath and Beyond they had a sale going on, funny you should know that.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Banned

Cool Re: Do I hear wedding bells (Craig Smith)

Craig old buddy old pal!,
I was going to leave you alone in your almost wedded bliss, But I got a frieghtening report today that further tarnishes your image. A certian person told me that when they tried to reach you today by phone but you couldn't talk. You were too busy in the drugstore buying Tampons for you significant other. Personally, that hurt me more than Bed Bath and Beyond. Hey but thanks for the call today it was awesome to talk to you. Oh yeah one more thing. How is the view from under the bus? Don't make me call Randy Ballard on you. Just playing with you man. This is pay back for the 189 times that you blocked me in the past. I am sure it won't be the last time. Hey Tanya! I know you look at the board.

Last edited by Ronnie Copeland : 11-29-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Craig Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Pogue
C'mon, Ronnie. Do you really think it's true? Don't give up on a champ like Craig so soon. I know, he hasn't quite been himself lately, but maybe he was just backed up real bad. I'm sure he will get this out of his system and be back to his old self in no time. Otherwise, he will have joined the ranks of Jason Reeves, going down very early and without putting up a fight. That would be a real shame. He might have to hand over the keys and let Tanya start running his school. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that Mr. Smith is just doing the rope-a-dope, and will come out on top in the long run. If not, he might have to move to Mississippi.

Jason Reeves, come on Randy, I cannot for the life of me think of one thing we have alike. He is fat, I am not. He quits, I dont. He is ugly, I am not,Ha. Ray Thompson hates him, he Loves me, Ha. He has zits, I dont. Ha. Just joking, but anyway one thing you said is correct, she is helping me out at my school and I greatly appreciate it. I forgot to give her a key, I guess I need to do that tonight, Ha.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Craig Smith

Ronnie, Ronnie, My Icon,Hero,Leader, I have not the words to defend myself. You of all people to throw me under the bus, My feelings are crushed by such words that you have chosen. For those of us who wonder if this is true, yes I have met someone who has turned my attention solely toher. She is an eye catcher, very natural, personable, Honest, funny, I could go on and on. Understand she reads this message board from time to time. All of Ronnie's messages somewhat true, except one or two little things.
The tears thing is stretching it just a little. The wedding bells, come on guys try not to scare off this exceptional woman, were both taking it day by day. Now as far as me not calling my friends back, lets start with Ronnie, last three times I have tried to call him back after he had called me, his phone rang unanswered and BTW he has no recorded message if he does not answer. The last time he answered he said he could not talkbecause he was trying to find Stacey,( His New Wife) she had jumped out of the car in downtown Greenville and was hiding in an alley way, this is after she through his ring at him. Something about some ***** pictures he had saved in his phone, Ronnie next time you loan your phone to your wife, remember to take the pictures of all your women out of it. As far as Mark Selbee, the last time I tried calling him back he was smoothing things over with his soon to be wife on changing the date of the marriage from sometime this winter to TBA. As far as Randy Pogue the last time I called him back he was trying to fix the problem with Jenna for stating that girls could not fight and he hated working corners for them. Seems like I am the only one who has it going on right now does'nt it now. Guys I Love ya, its all in fun, call me.