Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: Simplify kickboxing?

I emailed this idea to the IKF with no response. Are there any promoters out there who think this may bring kickboxing back from the dead?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

I'm not a promoter, but it sure is alot easier to understand 1 rule style than 5 or 6. It would at least be an attempt to change the current situation. If it doesn't work out are we really losing anything? K-1 has my vote! I say lets take a chance. The only way to find out if it will be successful is to give it a try. The simplicity of P.J.'s suggestions make a lot of sense. Even if we didn't delete any of the other rule styles from this years IKF world Classic, we should at least give K-1 a try. I am letting everyone know right now that I will encourage my entire team to participate in that rule style if it is introduced. I hope other trainers give this idea some serious thought. Just think of how great of a K1 team the U.S.A. could have if we actually trained guys to be proficient at it. This could put the United States back in the spotlight like we were in the 80's. Let's face it guys the game has changed.

Last edited by Mark Greubel : 12-02-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Adding a point
Old 12-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

I started this thread almost two months ago. Just in case admin didn't check the message board, I emailed the IKF headquarters. I don't want to sound like a jerk but since the IKF doesn't seem interested maybe I should push this idea to another organization? I consider the IKF to be the best in kickboxing but kickboxing is dying a terrible death. If we're not going to at least attempt to save it then maybe someone else will.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Master Champion

I agree with this also. It would be great to have one rule style for the fighters to fight in. K-1 rules would be the one that I vote for also. It would make it easier for instructors to prepare their students. We need to get Kickboxing back on the grid... It needs a big push into the lime light. This might be just the thing. In Japan K-1 is the biggest thing there. It would be great to have it that way here....

What do we need to do to help?
Old 12-18-2009, 06:37 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

It's going to take an organization like the IKF or ISKA to get the ball rolling.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Fighter

I don't think promoting the fabled "K-1" (I believe its a registered trade mark now see notice board lol) as its being promoted on this thread to save kickboxing in areas where its not getting the attention. It takes a variety of styles and rules to accomadate all the range of students and fighters we as instructors get, some styles are too harsh for some or to easy for others who need more of a challenge. What is needed is (A) good inovative instructors with a passion and tallent who attract the students and keep a constant inflow of new students brining in 1 or 2 new fighters in every intake. (B) luck to get the talanted fighters with ability and style who the audiance and fans want to see and follow their careers. (C) Good promotion, get the names out there, hound the local press,radio etc. start your brand name getting exposure followed by the fighters becoming household names , become inovative with your shows make them an entertainment spectacle, good fights,good matches,good value , you dont have to have 4 World title bouts on your show to be sucsessful, if you have fights that entertain the fans!

Well thats my oppinion on what I see happening throughout the U.K. and Ireland you may aggree or disagree thats what this fourm is for to share thoughts and maybe just maybe get different oppinions which just might help!

Chris