Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: MadDog would like a bite out of Brad Fowler!!!

Hey everyone hope all is well. Sorry I havent been on to give a re-cap on the fight but this was a hard pill to swallow, I've been pretty bummed out aboout the out come but we're fine now and gonna do what any Champ will do and pick my self up dust it off and foward march to try again I will be back on in a bit to give some details on the fight and will have the video up on youtube soon, Im waiting on the dvd from the production crew ( Fight Network ) that filmed it for T.V. someone at the event sent me a home footage copy they filmed but I want to see the edited TV version before uploading the fight.
Also Thank you sooooo much to everyone that supported me for this fight!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Hope everyone is well out there just thought I'd share a little video down at the bottom that they did on Brad after our fight, also while I patiently wait for the fight footage that was filmed by the network, they said they're in post editing stage.
Also did anyone happen to watch the James Kirkland vs Alfredo Angulo fight last night? That was a perfect example of what I didn't want to happen to me in my fight with Brad after I knocked him down in the 1st rd, "I just kept reminding myself to be patient don't get overzealous it'll come again we got 11 more rds." Angulo dropped Kirkland with a counter right cross in the 1st rd then went balls out to finish Kirkland but Kirkland weathered the storm and Angulo was punched out b4 the end of rd1 Angulo never really recovered and ended up getting tko'd in the 6th rd. by the way it was a good ass fight.
Back to the fight between Brad and I. Rd1 we knocked Brad down with a right hook left cross, the ref never called the knock down, there was no slippage just a basic right hook left cross down the pipe that sat him on his butt, In rd 3 or 4 I connected with a right hook that shook him pretty good, I stepped in with another right hook to the body, left cross, right hook to the head that knocked his mouth piece out to the ringside seats, just as he backed into the coroner I stepped in to go to work and the ref jumped in the middle and broke us apart, sent me to the neutral coroner, and asked for his mouthpiece walked him to his coroner got it washed off and said continue ( doesn't that happen once there's a null in activity by both fighters, that the ref will call time to get the mouthpiece back in ) anyway we walked Brad down, cut the ring off, and made him fight backwards ALL night. We made him miss WAY MORE than he landed and I know I landed a higher percentage of my shots and counters. As for me I came home without a scratch on me I looked as ugly as I left for Canada LOL. We even won over alot of the crowd as I walked back to the dressing room and as we came out to help work Shannon's coroner MANY in attendance told me they thought I'd won the fight ( Big props to SHANNON THE CANNON THE NEW WORLD CHAMPION he is da man for sure!!!!!!! ) It was a super hard pill to swallow but like they say DON'T LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF THE JUDGES!!! After they declared Brad the winner ( by the way the score cards were 117-111, 116-112, 115-113 no way ) the network that filmed the fight got in the ring and gave him the mic and for his thoughts on the fight, he said he hitting me with everything and knew I was gonna keep coming and brought up how he won the belt on the scale 2 years ago and wasn't satisfied with that win and that tonight was his actual World Title fight but he'd been sitting on that win for 2 years till I called him out. Then Brad retired in the ring that leaves us for no chance of a rematch
I feel we won the fight even IF the judges want to make it that close, then the knock down decided the fight 114-113, 114-113, 114-113 across the board. Sorry for the vent guys and gals but if this was just another fight its still a tough pill to swallow, but this was for all the marbles, the World Title for THE BEST KICKBOXING sanctioning body in the world THE IKF!!!!!!!!! The IKF has the best competitors, administration, and President in the World hands down! And to have your dream taken away to make your hometown charity and crowd happy is just a tough pill to swallow.
I will dust myself off and fight many more times to achieve my dream to become the IKF World Champion!!!!

http://youtu.be/A5yT8WT1GIg

Last edited by Mike Morello : 11-06-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Training

tuesday nov.29 the showdown in the downtown will be televised on http://fightnetwork.com/schedule/ 8:00 pm don't know if it's all the fights or just the 2 main events?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Hey folks hope alls well well we're still waiting for a copy of the fight, I did receive a copy the other day but it was damaged the dvd was cracked in half so I had to contact the network to send other. Ill let everyone know when I get it.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Hey all hope everyones doing well. I finally got the video from the network that filmed the fight, im looking into how to get it up on youtube for everyone to see and get some feed back on it, I believe I won the fight!!!! The knocked down in rd1 is clear on the dvd the also slow mo it between rds1 and 2 that the ref never counted and I walked him down and cut the ring off the whole fight. I've also sent a copy to IKF Headquarters to review to see what they think about it also. Sorry just a quick update while on break at work but heck back in a bit.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Hey all I'm trying to get this fight up on youtube but its kind of being a pain in the ass any tips on putting 58min vids up on youtube?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Hey everyone hope all is well, finally got the fight up on youtube check it out. If this link dont work just search for morello vs fowler on youtube. Also Ive added a link to the video after the fight.

http://youtu.be/SrRaNePFvEQ

This link is to news interview after the fight.
http://youtu.be/A5yT8WT1GIg
Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Any feed back on da fight would be great. I feel I won da fight by a round or 2to and the knock down that wasn't counted helped.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Hey everyone hope alls well. Any suggestions on who I should fight next or anyone would like to see happen. To bad Brad retired in the ring right after our fight I would have liked a rematch ASAP. I stiill feel I won that fight and I would have defended the belt ASAP also.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Mike: Great fight... you were moving forward and hunted him down. I agree that knockdown should have counted. One thing for sure his face was swollen. Brad did land some good shots. It was a great fight. Hard for me to call. I had it as a draw.......his shots appeared cleaner but your aggression and forward movement were hard to ignore. However, I can see 115 to 113 for you. Just based on forward movement, aggression and damage he received. Next fight for you????? Maybe you should call someone out.

Great job brother...way to represent the USA

Larry