Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: 2005 IKF North American Classic Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Pogue
I agree, Pam.

There definitely should be at least two new threads.

One for all the “whiners,” so they can discuss their expectations: Steve picking them up on the way to Orlando, the need to deport all non-english-speaking hotel staff, and the possibility of the IKF renting a 30-person rickshaw, with an English-speaking driver, so there is instant transportation to local supermarkets and restaurants.

The other thread can be for all of the “hard-core” people who won’t be there anyway, so they can discuss practical, real-world options like biking to Orlando, filling the bathtub with enough peanut butter and jelly to last the weekend (just scoop and go), and taping the 10 year-olds to the walls, so they can sleep standing up, giving you more room.

This would keep the bickering to a minimum, and everyone can safely have a voice, without fear of reproach.

I think the biggest problem would be the legal implications of taping a 10 year old to a wall. I think there would be lawsuits because EVERYONE knows tape would damage the walls.

Being serious,
It is awesome that it is announced this early! People can save up, clear their calendars, book a flight. I think complaining is good when done in the right amount, because it helps positive change.
Each Year should be better than the last due to complaints and the Proactive nature of the IKF and the fighters/trainers/fans who are involved. From what I have heard that so far this is true with the IKF NAC.

geek
Old 01-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete P
Whoa Back up baby. I don't snore, YOU DO! I have the one awake tha past few nights with you asleep on my shoulder, snoring away, sounding like a chain saw. I had a notion to call your Bro why they were working at that hour cutting down trees in the neighbors yard. It was keepin' me awake. Then I realize it was just you, and you looked so cute...loud....but cute, so I let it go

I've had a cold!
Old 01-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Water Boy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuck
Sigh. Here we go again. Like comedian Mitch Hedberg says: "You can't please all of the people all of the time...and last night, all of those people were at my show."

From Pammypanda:
Pardon me?

What do you mean "here we go again". We are having a discussion. Would you rather we call each other up to have the conversation?

Geez, get a sense of humor lady. Humor. I was trying to inject Humor. You know, haha humor? Are you going to quote every single person who posts on here that may possibly not agree with your highness and challenge them? I think you need a role model, or a hug, or something.

Last edited by jpuck : 01-06-2005 at 02:54 PM. Reason: explanation
Old 01-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuck
Geez, get a sense of humor lady. Humor. I was trying to inject Humor. You know, haha humor? Are you going to quote every single person who posts on here that may possibly not agree with your highness and challenge them? I think you need a role model, or a hug, or something.

Mr. "JPuck",
My apologies for my most recent post to you. Without the injection of "ha ha", "he he", "ho ho", or even , it is very difficult to see if you were attempting to be funny or if your tone was more sarcastic. I hope you can understand my point too. I had been feeling slightly stressed over others trying to make some of us out to be "Whining" when all we were doing was having a conversation about NAC obstacles and how to overcome them. I lumped you in with the others that were stepping into the thread to jump on us. Again, my sincerest apologies.

There are several on here that don't agree with me, and there are numerous posts I definitely don't agree with, but usually try to stay out of them if they really don't pertain to me. And thank you very much for trying to elevate me to a position of royalty, but I can assure you, that even though my daughter is a "princess" , I am not a queen.

I do have a role model; a wonderful man that treats everyone he knows with respect (as many with a strong martial arts and/or military background often do) and he gives me a hug (and something) every day.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Water Boy

Ms. PammyPanda,
Just to clear the air ma'am, I don't necessarily "not agree" with you. On the contrary, if I had my personal preference, this tournament would be held in Cedar Rapids, simply because I personally like the venue better: the actual fighting arena, the atmosphere in and around the hotel (better view, fighters hanging around the lobby and hotel, good natured "posturing" going on, walking around downtown, everyone eyeing one another in the warmup areas, etc...just a better "fight" atmosphere to me.) But I also understand that a lot of the problems experienced in Orlando were completely out of the ordinary due to the unforeseen visit by Mother Nature having a bad hair day, so I thought it a bit unfair to criticize the event when forces beyond our control made things seem worse than they were (no way to easily go out for cheaper food, etc.) (Plus I had a great balcony view of the hurricane. ha.) When the announcement of Orlando was made early this year, I was excited and my attitude was pretty much, "Okay, good, now we know so let's start planning," that sort of thing. I started reading the message board, and saw the conversations getting heated and it surprised me a bit--because the biggest complaint I recall from last year was the lateness of the decision and the lack of time to prepare for the change to Orlando.

My little joke (and it was intended as such) may have been ill-timed but I never expected anyone to do anything more than glance over it. When you responded as though I were attacking you personally, it just surprised me. So my apologies back to you, hope to see everyone in Orlando, and I'm out of here. I don't post a lot, but I will try to remain constructive from here on out. I will close with a more lighthearted joke: As comedian Mitch Hedberg says: "I like escalators, because an escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. .... You will never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Service" sign. Only an "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry For The Convenience."

Hope to see everyone there, including the great fighters from Finney's and Voyles crew. And even you Ms Pammy. ; ) (a good-natured joke, haha, hoho : )
Old 01-09-2005, 06:42 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Kinda quiet on here lately....
Old 01-09-2005, 07:19 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Send a message via AIM to mouth of the south Send a message via Yahoo to mouth of the south

i agree p.j it is very very quiet on here!! kinda boring really! we need a good subject to talk about! any good fights coming up anytime soon?? i hope so then maybe there will be something interesting to talk about!! peace out! mouth of the south