Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to David Cummings
Default Re: Feb. 18th Fights, Augusta GA

I thought that reply was not genius but ridiculous. There is no basis whatsoever to make a claim Fertnando has been fighting kids. I would not say guys like Danny Steele, who Fernando beat twice or Ceaser nor Jongsanan are kids gimme a break
Old 01-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Champion

RANDY,
YOU KNOW WHAT,AFTER READING OUR POSTS,I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT.I APOLOGIZE TO YOU AND TO ANYONE I MAY HAVE OFFENDED FOR BEING SO UN-PROFESSIONAL.I WEIGHED IN AT 171,I ATE 3 LARGE MEALS AND DRANK A WHOLE LOT OF WATER TO TRY TO MAKE 185,I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION I WAS GOING TO FIGHT MANSON GIBSON.I HAVE WALKED AROUND AT 170 FOR YEARS AND ALWAYS LOST THE WEIGHT TO MAKE147-153.I CANNOT GIVE EVERYONE SPECIFICS ABOUT MY LAST FIGHT OR HOW IT HAPPENED.HOWEVER,WHEN I COULDNT FILL THE PROMOTERS AMATUER UNDERCARD AS PROMISED AND AGREED TO IN ORDER TO FIGHT,I STOPPED DIETING AND TRAINING ALL OUT THINKING MY AMATUER FIGHTER WAS THE ONLY ONE GOING TO FIGHT.I BOUGHT THOSE TICKETS(AIRLINE) ,THEN I FIND OUT 12 DAYS BEFORE THAT I WOULD FIGHT CHARLES BARON AT 152.I WAS UN-PROFESSIONAL AND SHOULD OF BEEN UP-FRONT THAT 12 DAYS WAS TOO SOON TO MAKE THE WEIGHT.HOWEVER,I DID E-MAIL AND SPOKE WITH THE PROMOTER AND TOLD HIM I WAS HEAVY AND IF CHARLES WOULD MEET ME AT 160.I COULD OF LOST 11LBS IN THE SAUNA WHEN I GOT THERE TO MAKE 160,BUT WAS TOLD HE WAS WAY TO SMALL.I THEN AGREED TO FIGHT MANSON GIBSON TO SHOW THAT I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO MAKE IT UP.SO THEY GIVE ME SOME GUY THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BEAT ME"DANNY GRIFFEN".I DID NOT KNOW HE HADNT FOUGHT AND DID NOT WORRY ON WHOEVER THEY WOULD OF PUT ME UP AGAINST.ANYWAY,I HAD TO EXPLAIN THAT AND BEFORE THAT,I HAD NEVER BEEN THROUGH THAT AND WONT GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN.WHEN YOU HAVE WRITTEN POSTS ABOUT ME,YOU WRITE IT IN A CONDESENDING WAY OR I JUST TAKE THEM WRONG.ANYWAY,I APOLOGIZE ONCE AGAIN BUT WOULD STILL LIKE TO FIGHT YOU ON THE 18TH.I WILL DO ALL I CAN TO SET IT UP.IF YOU CANT FOR WHATEVER REASON I KNOW THEY HAVE A 167LB PRO FIGHTER.RANDY,I CANT GET FIGHTS,I EVEN ASKED FOR YOUR HELP BEFORE AND SAID I WOULD PAY YOU A PERCENTAGE.I HAVE WRITTEN AND LEFT MESSAGES TO PROMOTERS.I ALSO HAVE OTHER CAMPS THAT TOLD ME THEY GET FIGHT CALLS ALL THE TIME,BUT TO DATE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MATCH ME UP.I DONT THINK FIGHTERS ARE SCARED TO FIGHT ME,I THINK PROMOTERS ARE THE MAJOR ISSUE.AND IM FIGHTING FOR PEANUTS NOW ,IM USED TO 3K AND ABOVE,SO IT CANT BE THE MONEY.WELL,TAKE ALL THIS HOW YOU WANT TO AND MABY WE WILL MEET ON THE 18TH OR DOWN THE ROAD,BUT KNOW WE HAVE TO BEFORE WE RETIRE.FERNANDO
Old 01-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

David,
I have no idea who he's fought, it was just much more amusing to write it that way.
Alright kids, I gotta scoot. I hope there's lots of fun stuff for me to read when I get home tonight.
Geek, who do you like in the George/Fernando fight?

Whoops, I just read Fernando's post, so I'll reply before I go.
I'm sorry if the posts in our first dialogue sounded condescending. I'm not sure what sounded that way, but it was in no way my intent.
That's why I was surprised when you threw me into this in your post to Zack.
I don't have any knowledge of your career, but I figured if you were going to drag me into it by calling me a liar, I'd give you both barrels. If the 18th can happen, that's cool. I'm not sure what the story is with the promoter and funds and all that.
Maybe we can make happen sometime, and in a more professional fashion.
As far as I'm concerned, this is done. If we can meet up down the road, we don't need to beat each other up on here first.
I wish I could help you find fights. I'd love to earn a percent. Unfortunately, we're geographically undesireable. The people who call me to fight aren't in Texas. I wasn't kidding about my personal ability to get fights, however. Maybe I just got lucky, and hooked up with the right people.
Good luck in the UK, your opponent is no joke.
R.

Last edited by Randy Pogue : 01-27-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to David Cummings
Talking Re: Feb. 18th Fights, Augusta GA

LOL fair enough Randy
Old 02-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

What happened to this post? It's beginning to die. Come on Randy! Stir up some more action! It puts a little excitement in a dreary day!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Fighter

Stevie, it has been dull lately. How about some predictions. I am sticking with my prediction for you to get a 1st or 2nd round TKO. Hopefully, James Cole will pull out a win. Don't know much about Gruebels or Terri's opponents, but, both of their opponents will be in for a fight.

Jim T.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:32 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Yes, I also expect the Augusta crew to perform very well. I know that Terrie's fighting Erin Cantrell. This will be a rematch because they just fought this past Friday night in Athens. As far as John Greubel's concerned, awesome-awesome-awesome, he's fighting Micah Miller. Micah's an accomplished MMA fighter who wants the experience of a stand up fight. My hat is off to him. This could be a dangerous fight for John due to the fact that pretty much anybody out of Cam McGargue's camp is a threat...THOSE BOYS CAN FIGHT! I'll fill you in on more later.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:11 PM
dayne

Hello Stevie D,

I have a few ?s Will you give me a call @1-256-648-6004 in regards to Winter Wars
Thanks,
Dayne Hearn