Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2006, 06:01 AM
dayne

Default Anyone watch

Duane Ludwig---one punch---11 seconds. Alot of kickboxer won last night. Not alot of submissions 90% strikes and kicks.
Dayne
Old 01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: Anyone watch

I watched. Bang got the job done!!! The mma guys have been changing the game to primarily a striking game. I think the days of spending most of the match on the mat has come to be minimal. A good hard ko is hard to beat. What about Royce and Hughes fighting each other? Any predictions on this one? Any predictions on Liddell/Coutour III?

It looks like admin is sensoring our posts now. Too bad.

Last edited by Ray Thompson : 01-17-2006 at 10:52 PM. Reason: admin sensored my post
Old 01-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Fighter

Default Re: MMA stricking

One thing I noticed last Saturday at the Freedom Fight and Apex event is that the ref was getting the fighters back on their feet as soon as the action slowed down on the floor. This made for good stand up actions.

Raoul Doucet
Old 01-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Master Champion

Unfortunately for Royce, I believe Matt Hughes has the capability of hurting him
Old 01-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Send a message via AIM to fighterzack Send a message via MSN to fighterzack

Very true. I also heard the commentators saying that as good a striker an MMA guy may be, when he gets in the ring(or Octagon) with a world-class striker, it is a whole new ball game. Bang's knockout was short, sweet, and technically perfect. A slight step to his right, popped the right hand over the extended jab, and turned both shoulders on his delivery- goodnight.
I noticed them standing them up right away as well. Everyone pretty much knows the ground game now, and if someone is not improving a position, they are going to stand them up. In my opinion, that makes a better fight, and better for the spectators.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Thompson
I watched. Bang got the job done!!! The mma guys have been changing the game to primarily a striking game. I think the days of spending most of the match on the mat has come to be minimal. A good hard ko is hard to beat. What about Royce and Hughes fighting each other? Any predictions on this one? Any predictions on Liddell/Coutour III?

It looks like admin is sensoring our posts now. Too bad.

I also agree with Ray and Zack on how MMA is showcasing more strikers. Imagine a Ladell vs Wonderboy bout in the UFC one day. People forget that Stephen comes from a familly that is well verse in Jiu-Jitsu and being the Machado's brother in law would hype the fight even more.
I predict another K.O by Chuck by the way.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

First, Vic and Raoul,
Nice seeing you on here. Hope all is well!

Mr. T, what posts are being censored? Too bad.

On to the predictions.
Couture wins

As to Royce and Hughes. This will be interesting. 9 out of 10 times Hughes will win, but Hughes has lost a couple times to arm bar, and I would say if anyone is going to get that, it might be Royce....but on to reality, Hughes has better stand up and is just too strong for Royce on the ground. Royce can't use a gi in this fight, so I would bet money on Hughes. Pogue, want to lose some money?

"Off the kickboxing topic, all I can say is you need to get right with Jesus"...IRISH GUTS to RANDY POGUE
Old 01-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

I was really suprized to see what an extreme height advantage Gracie has over Hughes. I don't really think it's going to matter though. I see this as more of a payday for Gracie...and it's well deserved. Hughes will probably stop him.
As far as the Liddell/Coutour fight is concerned, Coutour will very likely win this one.
It's my two cents worth anyway.
StevieD
Old 01-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

I never had much of an opinion on Stevie's fight knowledge, but since he is agreeing with Geek he must not have any idea what he is talking about.
I'm going with Chuck again by KO.
UFC? Please! Royce wipes the Matt with Hughes. Perhaps it could go the other way because of Royce's methodical approach... he can be a boring fighter. So maybe I will grant that he could be on the bad end of a decision because of "stalling," but I say he controls the game from start to finish.
Pony up, Geek-boy.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Well Mr. Good Times Pogue,

I was the one looking for info on online gambling to put money on Ludwig as he was not favored in Vegas odds at one point. So I must know a little of what I am talking about.

I will only bet if I also get the decision loss he will suffer..if he is lucky.
First you say Royce wipes him then you chicken out and won't bet if he loses a decision.
If you want to bet, let's do it.
I say a $50 that Matt Hughes wins, in whatever way.
If Royce lays and prays the whole time and loses I understand his game, and if it had no time limits he might win, but it is a fight with rounds and there are judges.
Grow and set and bet.
Geek

"Off the kickboxing topic, all I can say is you need to get right with Jesus"...IRISH GUTS to RANDY POGUE