Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > Non Kickboxing Posts
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Master Champion

Thumbs up Real Reason?

Just wondering, what is the real reason for the sport of Kickboxing? The competition or the fact of who has the best fighters, East Coast or West Coast? I would think that it is all about good fun and healthy competition. But how many trainers, and fighters label themselves as the best in there area? Would this be the real reason for the NAC's and Regionals? I may be the only one who thinks this way, but I was just curious about who has the best fighters, and trainers in North America. And will there ever be an event that show cases the best from the East and West? Mainly FC fighting. Cause in the 80's kickboxing was VERY popular, and I would love to see it get back to that level soon before I retire. Kickboxing is a very competitive sport, just as competitive as boxing, so i feel that we deserve a shot at having shows at Madison Square Garden, The Beligio hotel (I know I spelled it wrong) and other big boxing areas. I feel we kickboxers will get some love too from the boxing crowd in those areas. Have we thought of that?

Lemont