Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Champion

Default Update

I just wanted to let everyone know that Stephens surgery is tomorrow. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers that everything goes well and that he gets on the road to a very speedy recovery!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: Update

God bless Stephen! I pray for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Sincerely, Michael Dean
Old 02-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

thanks meg, please keep us updated.

bam
Old 02-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Champion

Stephen had the knee reconstruction today and everything went well. He is home now. The doctor said, "it was very bad. It looked like a bomb went off in there, and only 5% of the knees I have ever done looked like his did." Now he is on the road to recovery. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers that everything continues going well for him!
Megan Thompson
Old 02-17-2007, 02:05 AM
Champion

That is good to hear. Tell him to keep his spirits up and keep every tiny muscle group and the large muscle groups strong in those legs and his hips and back which affect the lower body. He is young and will be able to everything he used to though it will always be different.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Champion

He is doing great! He went to 2 movies yesterday and out to dinner last night! He is in great spirits!
Old 02-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

What is the projected healing time? I know nobody can point to an accurate date but is there a projected time frame?

Larry
Old 02-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Megan,
Was everything fixed on Friday or will another surgery be necessary. I remember you dad initally talked about 2 or maybe 3 operations.
Please tell Stephen I'm very glad his surgery went well and I'm sure he will do everything it takes to fully recover.
See you
JL
Old 02-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Champion

Jean-Luc,
I don't know if he will have to have more than 1 surgery. I am not sure on that. Stephen got his care packages that you sent. He wanted me to tell you thank you very much. He is doing great. In physical therapy on Wednesday they doctors had him running. They said he a mutant/freak of nature and they can't believe how great he is doing. He is walking around with no crutches or anything. So I'd say he is on the road for a speedy recovery and will be back in the ring VERY soon!
Megan
Old 02-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

He walks without crutches ? One week after surgery ? This guy is unbelievable ! I always thought he could have played the main character in "Smallville". Anyway, that's great news : a full recovery would already be fine but if it is even faster than what we feared at the beginning, it's absolutely splendid.
I hope he will like the cassettes I sent him : some of these films are older than me (Lol).
See you soon : I think I could be able to cross the pond and to come to the Carolinas around Easter or in May.