Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default HELP STEVIE DEMENT

I have had the pleasure of watching Stevie Dement train over the past several months and he has been an inspiration to this 44 y.o. man. Seeing him train hard and I mean HARD and ALL OUT keeps me going and motivated.

For some reason, of which I do not know, he has had a few PRO fights cancelled. I am sure many other fighters have been dealt the same hands. This is an unfornate part of the fight game.

I am asking for a promotor to step up and give this man a PRO fight. In my opinion, I do not think there is anyone in the 165lb class who can handle him at this time. I am also willing to donate some $$$$ for his plane ticket or hotel room, if a promotor gives him a chance.

Stevie, when you read this I hope you are not offended or feel that I am out of line. I just want to see you get a fight. You have been BUSTING your ASS in the gym and getting tuned up for your fights only to find out that it has been cancelled etc.

This post is to only draw interest to get Stevie a fight and for those concerned about the post; he did not ask me to post this issue. I decided on my own to write the post. I did this without his permission and my reasoning for this is simple. He is training hard and has gotten ready for every fight he was promised. He was going to be fighting and was going to show up in great fight shape. As a fan of the sport, I just hate seeing this happen.

So Promotors help out a fighter who will come ready to fight and give the fans and promoter something special to see.

Peace out

Larry
Old 08-06-2007, 05:58 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: HELP STEVIE DEMENT

It's much appreciated Larry.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Thumbs up Re: HELP STEVIE DEMENT

Lets hope someone steps up for you brother!!!!

Larry
Old 08-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

hey larry, give me his break down. (height,weight, am record, pro record, right or left handed, and what rule style).
i'm helping some promoters in idaho with a couple of shows (sept, oct, nov and dec) maybe i can get him on one of the cards. thanks.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Larry,
You should start match making for a living. Looks like I'm fighting Fernando "Cool" Calleros in St. Louis, Sept 22nd.
Bam,
I'm 3-0 with 2 KO's as a FCR pro. I'm a righty, 6'0 and fight between 164 and 169lbs. I'm willing to fight FCR, IR or XG (without throws). I fight out of Greubel's MMA here in Augusta, Ga. Thanks for your attention.
Thanks,
Stevie
Old 08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

thanks steve, it looks like you are already matched in sept, but i'll keep in touch on the other months. take care and good luck.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

FINALLY!

These two crybabies have been whining for decades about how no one will fight them. It's perfect they get to fight each other.

I hadn't heard from Fernando in awhile and then Dement started squawking. I was wondering if they were really the same person. Has anyone ever seen the two of them in the same room together? Huh? Think about it.

I guess we'll find out for sure on Sept 22. I heard that StevieD was going to wear a diaper into the ring.

Just kidding, folks. This should be a great fight. Can't wait.

The Befuddler predicts... The Hoss in 4.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Fighter

Can I fight Fernando after Stevie? at 159 or 154? Stevie, come and spar here in Atlanta if you want.....
Cheers
Botha
Old 08-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Phillip,
I'm gonna take you up on the offer. I think you'd be a lot of help. Email me you're phone number or have Selbee or Pogue call me and we'll get together as soon as I can get off work for the weekend.
Thanks,
Stevie
Old 08-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Can I spar with you guys?

Selbee and I are gonna do some "light" knife defense drills, and then I can hop in. No face contact, though.

Also, since Botha is fighting Fernando next, I'm gonna fight Stevie. IR, 12 rounds, 147lbs. I'll call you when I get my weight down.

No face contact.