Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Master Champion

Default FCR Dying?

I keep hearing from alot of people that Full Contact Rules are dying out and that eventually it will become only an amateur sport. They say FCR is a stepping stone to K-1. (even the International Rules guys get told that their sport is dying) What do you think about FCR coming back? (also International Rules too)
Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: FCR Dying?

There is a lot of FC Kickboxing world-wide. MMA is capturing the headlines, but FC is the dominant style in europe, with international and muay thai as co-headliners. Will it be as as strong as in the old PKA days. Hard question. We need to show the public what they expect and want from kickboxing. Great kicks and really good hands! Right now all muay thai,international and fc looks the same. Two guys throwing pathetic kicks and second rate boxing! Bring back the kicks....its called Kickboxing!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Master Champion

Default RE: FCR DyingCurtis got a question?

Hey Mr. Bush, could you answer me this question in your opinion? Do you think is worth pursuing professional kickboxing right now? Because its very hard to get fights now a days. And I think its a money issue as far as promoting shows. I love to fight... ( regardless of what anyone says) I will fight anyone. But promoters out there are not taking chances right now. I think I will fight 3 more FCR kickboxing matches and call it quits. I will just stick to MMA. But kickboxing is my first love and I miss it. If i could fight amatures then I would, but I can't. ( My name may be un famous enough to enter the world classic) I don't know. what do you think. And i do value your opinion, because you are a pioneer in the FCR kickboxing world. Thanks

Bad Boy
Old 01-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: FCR Dying?

Bad Boy. Thats a tough call. That is something you will have to decide for yourself. MMA is hot right now and getting big crowds. But if you want to become an FC Champion, you got to keep fighting FC. I truly believe the watering down of our sport has resulted in its downfall. We had FC back in the 70's,80's and mid-nineties to great crowds and high television rating!. Then came the International,Oriental,Modified Muay Thai,Full Muay Thai,Leg Kick-Elbows, Leg kick-No Elbows. Every time I saw an event on tv. I was confused and I live this sport. Imagine the uninformed general public....
I believe we had the ball rolling and dropped the ball!!!!!