Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Master Champion

Default Well done to Bobby Anderson

Just to say well done to promoter Bobby Anderson who is staging the upcoming IKF World Amateur light-middleweight title fight on 9th Jan. It features Chris Cichon against English fighter Alex Sirman and its nice to see a true international contest for this title. Having brought more than a few international fighters to my own events over the years including quite a few from America I appreciate more than most how hard it can be to stage these sort of fights, so Bobby deserves some praise for putting it on. It would be great to see more promoters following his example.

As for the fight itself, I am sure Alex will represent our country well but I am sure Chris and the guys from Cellar will be well prepared so good luck to all concerned. Just sorry I won't be there
Old 12-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: Well done to Bobby Anderson

yes, i agree with you colin. i will be reffing the great up and coming fight. once again it will be a true world title between two great and awsome fighters. good luck to both of them and i can't wait. great job bobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Good luck Chris! I know you will represent the U.S. well. We will be pulling for you here in Georgia!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Master Champion

Just a quick line to wish everyone the best of luck with this event. I spoke to Alex yesterday and he is looking forward to the challenge. He knows he is the underdog but he's coming to give it his best shot. I'm sure Chris will be prepared.

Best of luck Bobby for a successful event
Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Master Champion

A big thank you to Bobby Anderson as well for putting this fight together. I've been training incredibly hard for this fight and I'll have a huge collection of Cellar Fans in attendance. I haven't fought at home since my very first fight 5 years ago and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to fight in the Twin Cities once again. It's also exciting to think that for the last 8 weeks Alex and I have been separated by thousands of miles, training our butts off for this title shot and tomorrow night our roads are going to meet.

I hear Alex is a great kicker and he can frustrate people in the ring with his frequency of kicks. My hats go off to him for taking this fight and I look forward to sharing that ring with him.

I also want to thank Mr. Mike Lind for all the hard work he put into getting me this fight as well. I was originally scheduled to fight for the World Title on his show back in October of last year, but due to the current champion retiring and several top ranked fighters being injured or declining, the title bout was eventually scrapped. Even though it never came to be, I truly appreciate all the time Mr. Lind spent setting up the fight and for getting my World title challenge approved by the IKF.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Hey Chris the best goes out to ya tonight have a good fight and have some fun!!! It's an honor to fight for the best World title in the World the IKF!!! Again tear it up and and we'll be looking to see your hand raised at the end of the night.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Fighter

Hey Chris,

Just want to send out a quick message to you bro... You trained hard for this, now its time to put all the hard work together and let it all out tonight...

Were all thinking of you up in Thunder Bay,

Good Luck bro,

Fight hard and you will be the WORLD CHAMP!

Frankie "IL VAMBIRO: Tropea
Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Master Champion

Could someone involved with the show in whatever capacity, post the result of the fight on here as soon as possible please.

thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Master Champion

Chris Cichon wins BIG with a 50-45 score on all the score cards! Great fight by a great champion. This kid has a bright future and has come along way in the past year taking his game to the next level.

Bobby! Thanks for another great event.

IKF: Steve and Bam. Thanks for making the trip. Always a pleasure to spend time with you two. Thanks for the opportunity to have a Cellar Family Member fighting for your World Title.

To those that supported us and pushed us on in completing another milestone in kickboxing, thanks! We couldn't do what we do without the fans and following we have created and it is MUCH appreciated!

To Alex and his trainer: Thanks for making the long trip over and competing like champions. It was a Honor to have met you and watch you compete. Have a safe flight back and we look forward to seeing and reading about you real soon!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

CONGRATULATIONS Mr.Cichon good work !!!