Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Master Champion

Send a message via AIM to Austin "OT" Baitman Send a message via Yahoo to Austin "OT" Baitman
Default The TRUTH about KICK/WAKO

I have been involved in, to say the least, a corruptive element in the sport of kickboxing. Mr. Ronnie Copeland, Ted Welch, Frank Babcock, and overall the organization known as KICK, has gone to great lengths to discredit the IKF. This includes, without limitation, lying directly to me to get me to join them in their unjustified crusade. On at least one occasion, their attempts in regard to me, regrettibly worked.

I will explain below the unethical conduct of KICK/WAKO and those involved in it, from my own eyes and from what I know. NOTICE: I AM DOING THIS OF MY OWN FREE WILL WITHOUT COERCION, DURRESS OR INDUCEMENT OF ANY KIND. I am doing this because having seen what these people are doing, I refuse to be a part of a corruptive influence in our sport, nor will I permit such influence to run wild in our sport. As of 8/13/08, I no longer associate with any person who is a part of their worthless tirades.

AS CONCERNS THE 2007 IKF WORLD CLASSIC AND THE ILLINOIS ATHLETIC COMMISSION--

Mr. Copeland stated to me sometime close to the 2007 IKF World Classic that the IKF was engaging in the practice of promoting, and sanctioning, their own event, also stating that this was a violation of Illinois State Athletic Commission (ILSAC) regulations. As a result of this, I contacted ILSAC, stating that I had reason to believe a violation had occured. I was unaware that, one, the IKF had secured approval for the event from ILSAC, and two, that there either was no such rule, or that it was being subjectively applied at the time. The reason I say this is that who should then commit the same act, the VERY SAME ACT that I called the commission on, but Mr. Rob Zibilski and KICK.

Though Rob was the promoter of record on this event, I believe, Mr. Frank Babcock, Mr. Ted Welch, and KICK generally colluded with Rob to circumvent the regulations and bring in more money. The affiliations between these men are well known, and there is plenty of circumstantial evidence to prove this.

There has been dispute as to whether there was insurance on the 2007 KICK tournament as required by Illinois rules. I cannot say for certain that there was, because I did not see the certificates with my own eyes. I believe there was not, in particular considering that Mr. Welch has a hand in KICK as well as an insurance company. I have been told that there was only a blanket General Liability policy covering no more than 10 bouts. If this is true, then that leaves A HEAP OF BOUTS without insurance, and in severe violation of state rules.

In another case of illegal corner cutting by Rob, he claimed (to me directly) that he had deputy sherriffs providing the event security. However, I saw not a SINGLE badge or other lawful evidence peace officer authority. The only security presence I saw, was ONE uniformed officer who was on routine patrol, poked his head in for about five minutes, and left. This clearly did not satisfy the requirements. I have actually tried to get the commission to crack down on this particular rule for that reason. I believe they should be IN UNIFORM OR DISTINCTIVE CLOTHING APPROVED BY THE STATE.

AS CONCERNS WAKO/GAISF--

Though WAKO is the "Official Governing Body" for kickboxing as determined by the GAISF, they are NOT the only legitimate sanctioning organization in the world, and the designation "Official Governing Body" extends only to those contests under GAISF auspices and to no others. WAKO claims to have jurisdicition over ALL amateur kickboxing when in fact it does not. Having witnessed one of their world championship events (2007 in Portugal) in person, I found it riddled with corruption as well as significant safety violations.

There was consistent unfair judging of the athletes, and flagrantly sub-par refereeing. In one severe case, the referee failed to command "STOP" despite the fact that the defending athlete was half outside the ropes (thats right, his head and about half his chest). The referee acted only about four seconds, and eight head punches, later. He then proceeded to give the already cheated athlete a standing 8 count! Now I am far from a world class referee, but even I know that was a HORRIBLE call, and one that could have caused great bodily harm or death.

As for the ring mat for full contact, it was nowhere near standard. The athletes might as well have been fighting on a slab of concrete. The mat that I found was a piece of carpet less than 1 centimeter thick. I was LIVID when I saw this and had to restrain myself from completely blowing up. Are they LOOKING to get someone killed?!

AS CONCERNS OTHER MISCONDUCT BY WAKO/KICK:

EDITED BY ADMIN
When I attempted to have a kick/wako official sanctioned, the result was that I have been blackballed from their events. Previous to this, at the 2007 KICK national championship, I was given a championship belt, which I now believe was not as a result of my dedication to the sport, but was in fact a form of bribe. KICK had also promised me that I would be able to gain my international Judge license at the 2007 WAKO Championships. This did not occur, and cost me nearly $3000. Also Mr. Babcock has made promises of me being allowed to referee, but again, this did not happen. KICK/WAKO are nothing but liars and cheats, sacrificing ethics, and sometimes even safety, in favor of money. I will have NONE OF IT ANYMORE!!

I have been lied to enough, and taken advantage of, likely because of my knowledge of the rules and regulations of kickboxing.

"IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! YOU WANT SOME RULES/REGULATIONS KICK AND WAKO? READ THIS!

"KICK/WAKO, YOUR RULES SAY 3 MINUS-POINTS IS A DQ! YOU HAVE HAD MUCH MORE THAN THAT AND IT IS TIME FOR ME TO BE THE REFEREE I HAVE LONGED TO BE!! YOU'RE GONE!!!

Last edited by admin : 11-07-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Master Champion

Default Re: The TRUTH about KICK/WAKO

I read what you have to say, and while I am relatively new to competing in the Kickboxing world. (just started fighting in 2007, but been following for way longer) I have heard about the questionable (even unfair) judging in the WAKO/KICK, and Mr. Rob Zibilski.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

I am saddened by Austin's attempt to trash talk people because of his own disappointments in being a licensed official in this sport. In 2007 at the WAKO Nationals in Chicago Austin explained to me why he had parted ways with the IKF and Steve Fossum. He told me that Steve Fossum had made him the same promises he is accusing WAKO of making. He told me that he was going to sue the IKF for not allowing him to referee a real bout at the IKF World Classic due to his disabilities. Since Austin had nothing nice to say about Steve Fossum and Dan Stell at this time, I reminded him these guys are my friends and people that have done a great deal for our sport. I told him I didn't know why the IKF didn't want him to referee, but I had to be due to some type of concern for safety and that I didn't know why. He rambled on about USA boxing and how the IKF was discriminating against him.

Austin has made attempts to discredit the IKF, WAKO, KICK, Steve Fossum, Dan Stell, Rob Zbilski, Ronnie Copeland, Ted Welch, Frank Babcock!!!! I about died when I read this post, because even as close to Rob Z as I am, (He is like a father to me!) He never trash talked Austin or even told me what Austin had done at the 2007 WAKO Worlds. Rob Z doesn't gossip or air his or other people’s dirty laundry on a public forum. This forum is for the advancement of Kickboxing, and is suppose to keep us together and informed on constructive elements of the sport. Not tear us apart and distance us more! I also died when Austin signed at the bottom, IKF Certified Ring Official, IKF Rules Advisor! His ability to flip flop when it suits his needs is precious insight to understanding his true character.

I ask that the IKF remove Austin's post and all responses to it made. This post helps our sport in no way.

Sincerely, Michael Dean

For whom it may concern, I am a firm supporter of any sanctioning body attempting to make Kickboxing a recognizable sport in this world. I have known Austin for 4-5 years and always enjoyed being around him, everyone that knows him will agree sometimes he gets a little carried away. When you make statements to discredit others and attempt to destroy people’s lives you have gone beyond “a little carried away”!

Last edited by admin : 10-27-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Administrator

To correct, Mr. Baitman is NOT an IKF Official so I do not know why he signed his post the way he did. He has not been an IKF Official in any capacity for well over a year now.

Mr. Fossum is in Kansas City for an IBL Meeting with Combat Sports International and Ringside. When he returns on Monday I will review the above post with him. Anyone who has an opinion as to whether it should be removed or remain, please e-mail Mr. Fossum at sf@ikfkickboxing.com

Thank you.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Master Champion

Send a message via AIM to Austin "OT" Baitman Send a message via Yahoo to Austin "OT" Baitman
Default My signature, and also XXXXX

As for the IKF positions I listed on my signature, I merely forgot they were there. Sorry for the confusion. I have corrected that for this, and future posts.

Last edited by admin : 10-27-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

The truth about WAKO can be seen on their own website.

http://www.wakoweb.com/en/NewsDetail.aspx?Ctn=82486
Old 08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Master Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. Reilly
The truth about WAKO can be seen on their own website.

http://www.wakoweb.com/en/NewsDetail.aspx?Ctn=82486

That's a stupid, bogus rule.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Kickboxers fight when the opportunity arises. You take them when you can get them. Screw WAKO!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to David Cummings

I agree with Curtis SCREW WAKO
Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Administrator

POST REMOVED
Message board Admin

Last edited by admin : 10-27-2008 at 01:50 PM.