Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Default Re: December Tournament?

Someone took Jon's comment a bit attacking and asked IKF to offer a reply. Here is what both said.

Dear IKF or Board Admin,
What is up with Jon Lewis? Did you see what he just posted on the IKF Message board? I am referring to this comment;

"LOL, I'll just leave the IKF alone because any criticism or critique of the IKF is simply NOT ALLOWED!'

Everytime the IKF comes up with him he always attacks them with some punk attitude. Was there something personal that happened with him? I thought he was an IKF World Champion? If so, why is he so disrespectful towards the organization that gave him the opportunity to fight for their world title? He seems to be such a WAKO and KICK Fan, but why is he here on the IKF Message Board? So sorry for so many questions but I'm a little tired of his disrespectful attitude to the IKF and some others here this past year, especially since he would not fight the Gruebal guy when he was given the opportunity as an amateur. Maybe some should hear that story!
Thanks for your time,
R. Jefferson

IKF: To reply to both, Jon, just what is your comment suppose to mean exactly? Do you have a problem with how we responded to your post? Is it OK for you to make your comments, but if we reply, it's a stupid thing? WHAT in our reply was not true or offensive to you and as RJ wrote above, what is up with your responses to the IKF? To answer RJ, we have no idea why he is acting as he does. Probably some issue related to the ongoing IKF vs WAKO issues that have come up here in the past. Maybe more, but that would be our guess. Hopefully it can be dropped here.

IKF Kickboxing
Old 09-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Master Champion

To R. Jefferson. Please feel free to email me directly anytime! I look forward to your comments!

To the IKF: It has NOTHING TO DO WITH WAKO/KICK! Every criticism or critique of the IKF isn't related to another org. I'm not political or a side chooser on this. Each brings a great many things to the sport but, each has its faults. If WAKO/KICK had a message board, I'd be on there as well. FYI, when WAKO/KICK informed me of its "new rule on other orgs," I stated, "If you attempt to enforce that rule here in the US you'll find that Americans don't like to be told what they can and can't do. You'll **** yourself in the states!"

I believe that I am direct and that sometimes seems to be the problem. And, as Steve and I chatted before, I respect what he does and always look for him to be a leader in this sport.

As for admin. I will always have a problem with Admin of IKF because I believe they don't understand what the term Administrator means.

As for my responses: they are directed to create chatter about certain things that many feel need to be addressed, the least of which is somehow finding pros more arenas of opportunity. If anyone thinks I'm attacking the IKF on this, tough! Like Admin stated earlier, the IKF has been talking about this since 2003 and it hasn't went anywhere. I understand the money concerns. (like everyone I can read the list of fees for such an event on the IKF website) BUT, I find it had to believe that after 5 years of talks that the "leaders" of our sport couldn't find a way to make this happen!

I am only stating these things to get people to find solutions and if the IKF has had 5 years to figure something with regards to the PROS and hasn't well, that's TOO LONG, not to have found something!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Jon: You make some good points here....but do consider Zack's statement and thoughts. I enjoy this board because it allows fans like myself to write our thoughts. Hat's off to you for coming on the board and writing your thoughts and much respect to you.
I do feel that if the money was there for the Pro's one would see more Pro fights. I also believe promotors have tried to gain sponsorships to promote bigger fights but to no avail. I feel if they could get the sponsorships it would have happened. That is my thought and perhaps not true. I may be wrong on this one but I believe in the state of Georgia a promotor has to go the Ga. boxing commission to promote. It be great if each state had their own Marital Arts commission, perhaps this would reduce some cost. Way too much politics for this to happen but who knows????
Last question, Jon are you stating you would fight John G? And if a promotor, put the contract out there would you do it? I get the feeling you would but the Pro issue appears to be bothering you. Please do not use that as reason not to fight him or anyone else......no offense. The WCL may be only 3 minutes but it has paid some fighters some cash and some bonuses for KO's. Many of the top IKF fighters have fought in the WCL and I cannot get upset with that one. Again consider Zack's advice and his thoughts.

Much respect

Larry
Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Master Champion

I have considered Zacks comments Larry and if I thought I could remain active fighting PROs as a PRO, I would obviously be a PRO! Like Zack made reference to earlier, there isn't much difference between a PRO in the US and a TOP Amateur based on skills but, the moment a fighter turns PRO opportunity goes down the tank.

I'll put this out there for some chatter... Anyone willing to put on an 8 man tournament in an attempt to find the best 130-140lb or, 140-150lb fighter in the world know that I will fight for FREE AND PAY ALL MY EXPENSES just for an opportunity to face what everyone calls the worlds best!

I believe this answers everyones' questions with regards to fighting JG or ANYONE!

Last edited by Jon Lewis : 09-09-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Jon: Thanks for your reply and again much respect to you. Hopefully somebody would put on the 8 man tournment for you and others. It would be great to see. And I like your attitude of calling out the best. However if you would fight for free in an 8 man tournment and pay your own expenses....then would you fight a PRO 5 or 7 rounder for free? I would quess you would not and I would not blame you.
A question, in the last 2 years how many fights have you had as an AM and who did you fight and for what title? I know you and Pickett fought for the World Title.
Thanks for answering all the post and coming on the board and addressing the issues which are being asked of you. I got some respect for you on that one.
Hope all goes well for you in your fight game and I hope you get to face the best of the best.

Larry

Last edited by LMITCHUM : 09-10-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Jon, does that mean you will be going pro? John Greubel is not allowed to fight amateur tournaments any longer since he is a pro, so even if you wanted to pay your own expenses it would be illegal. However, if you were to turn pro i am positive my brother would accept the challenge. Do I think John Greubel can beat you? Absolutely! I do say that with the utmost respect Jon. I believe you are currently the best Am. in the U.S. and you have proved it time and time again. You are by all means an awesome fighter. I also believe that this match up would be a sell out ANYWHERE in the United States. Win or lose I personally would pay a lot of money to see it. Is there a promoter out there that can make it happen?
Old 09-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Smile Re: December Tournament?

Jon: Mark G gives you props for being the best AM in the U.S. and I agree. He also stated he feels his brother can beat you. Cannot blame a man for sticking up for his younger brother. You stated that you can beat John G in a previous post. And it appears and I may be wrong that you have been challanged. I feel that an Am World Champ in many organizations, which is you, has nothing left to prove. Look at guys who are Pro in your weight classes. Look at the weight classes between from 137 to 152. Some tough cats out there. John G, Tim Connors, Tommy Bach, Heath Forrest and perhaps Shannon Hudson. These are just a few top Pro's. Do I believe you could hang in there and give these dudes a run for their money...OF COURSE. Your track record speaks for itself. But we will never know until you turn Pro. And you may have fought some of these guys but if you have not then as TOP fighter wouldn't you want to challange yourself? I do not even know Jesse Finney but if Tim Connors called you out...would you fight him? At one time Finney was promoting alot of fights. Ray T was promoting alot at one time. For what I can tell, you had about 3 to 4 fights with some bad asses in the last 2 years and if this is true, are you telling me you can not get that many Pro fights in the next 2 years. You could make a little change. Those dudes over in England are promoting some Pro fights and are doing it regularly.
Anyways good luck with your fighting career, hope you get to fight the best. Hopefully you see my post as good discussion for the sport, if not that is cool. If you are ever in the area, dinner is on me. I respect you for coming on the board and letting it fly.

Best wishes to you and congrads on your latest victory in the cage and I believe you won one against a Polish guy. Keep up the training.

Larry
Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Master Champion

I will eventually turn PRO but, timing is important and this isn't the right time. Would I fight a PRO fight for free? Interestingly enough, if it gave me a chance at a World Title I might! My idea for a tournament was always for PROS so, obviously if it could be arrainged I'd consider turning PRO to fight in it. I wonder if I could fight in it and remain amateur though? If, I didn't except any money and the rounds stayed at say 3 or 4 without head gear, would it be allowed? I wonder? This is a question for the IKF.

Larry,
My conclusion is that I wouldn't/couldn't be as active as a PRO. I'll point again to JG. He's been PRO for over a year and has only fought in the WCL. If one could stay active, why isn't he? Why don't we see PRO fights with SH, JG, TC, TB, etc... One can only assume its because you can't stay active!

As for the "calling me out" comment. I think everyone knows I'll fight ANYONE! AND, to create even more controversy. I THINK I CAN WIN!

As always, I appreciate your comments and will continue to discuss anything on this board that promotes the sport!

Please check out the regional tournament page as well and voice your opinions there as well. I think we might have something good coming out of that thread! FYI, I think we have something positive coming out of this thread also.

RJefferson, I still await your email and comments!

Last edited by Jon Lewis : 09-10-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Send a message via AIM to fighterzack Send a message via MSN to fighterzack

Just an FYI for everyone, the fighters listed here as pros not able to get fights, JG, SH, TB, TC are all WCL fighters, and they had fights every 30-45 days for most of this last year, and so could not ethically accept an extra pro fight.
JG has an offer to fight for a Pro World Title in England that is still being worked out. If you want to fight as a pro, the fights are there.

Last edited by fighterzack : 09-11-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Jon L, Mark G, Zack D and Ray T: Please read my post on Lewis vs Greubel.

Larry