Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default banda vs thompson.... two weeks people!!!

yes in two more weeks the fight will take place. with everything that went wrong (dates, venues, etc...), we (my wife, my brother and great friend paco) got it nailed down.

can't wait!!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: banda vs thompson.... two weeks people!!!

Bam, we are excited about you providing an opportunity for the Wonderboy to get back into the game. ST has been training hard and is looking forward to seeing if he still has "it"! After two SERIOUS knee surgeries and a two and a half year (30 month, 900 days, 21,660ish hrs) layoff he is anxious to be put to the test. We are sure Banda will ablidge!! Anyway if you live anywhere in the area please come out and support your favorite (Wonderboy) fighter(s) and make the show a success for both the fighters and the promoters. We look forward to seeing you on June 20th.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

I hope the "lack of reply" to this post isn't an indication as to the health of the kickboxing community. Maybe it's just everybody enjoying the outdoors since school has let out for the summer (at least here in the south) and fewer are posting. Hope all is having a good summer!!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Ray:

I will take the bait....hope all goes well with the fight and he keeps that record undefeated. I saw on the Greubel's webpage Wonderboy hitting the pads with Mark (TV interview). He looked clean, crisp and powerful with remarkable techique.

Two questions:
1: Miss your shows.........anything future promoting?

2: Please do not take offense to this question or feel I am trying to start some crazy B.S.. From a fan point of view, I would love to see Wonderboy and Ray Daniels fight a 7 to 10 rounder(FCR). Will this ever be possible? I just feel it would be a good fight, something exciting o watch. Again, I am just asking and mean no harm.

Larry
Old 06-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Larry,
thanks for posting. I thought every one was on vacation or something. As for the WB and RD fight. I doubt that will happen. There would have to be someone with some serious money that would be willing to promote it and unless it is in the cage I doubt it will happen either. I am talking to a promoter in Canada now about the WB making his mma debut on Oct. 31. In Quebec City. Once he makes the jump to mma there is little chance he will return to kickboxing. Though kickboxing is his first love there seems to be little money in kickboxing sooooo mma is where we have to go.
Promoting....not planning anything big YET!! Don't give up on me though. Maybe I'll promote the WB's final kickboxing fight. Ya never know!!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Ray. Exciting stuff happening for the Wonderboy! Keep us informed on all the ins and outs of his career!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

aug. 8th is our next scheduled fight in cali. talked to ray, the wonderboy will be coming back. now that we got him licensed in cali. we will try to keep him busy! who know maybe the wb and rd fight may happen!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Master Champion

Good luck to the Wonderboy. I am glad that he has made a full recovery from a serious injury.

Now to just get him in there again with that Daniels guy.

I will be there so - be seein ya all
Old 06-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Ray:

Thanks for the update on WB and it would be cool to see the WB make it big in MMA. He has the right stuff to make it big, and is UFC material. If I win the lottery this week, I will send Dan the money to cover the expenses for RD and WB to go at it.

Dan: You stated " who knows maybe the rd and wb fight may happen!!!"

What is up with that statement??????

Larry
Old 06-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Thanks guys, I will do my best to keep you guys informed on the WB's progress and such. I think MMA is where the WB wants to finally settle in to. To bad the money and recognition is not their in FCR kickboxing or any kickboxing for that matter!! Our public doesn't want to see two guys fighting that are all padded up. Too bad, I think it's a classy fight sport. The WB is ready to get to Cali. He is anxious to see where he is at in his skills and conditioning AND to see if his mental game is back to the level it was before the injury. Well I will check in tomorrow probably for the last time before we go west to let you know what is up so stay tuned and Larry, good luck on your lottery!!!