Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > Non IKF Kickboxing Events & News
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Champion

Default World Championships/ Switzerland

Hello Everyone, this is Nelson LeBron. Just Got back from Switzerland. Shannon fought his behind off to later be disqualified. Dallas fought a fight that he might have won in a 10pt system. I lost to a very skilled Turkish opponent with over 200 bouts. I felt out classed in full contact, but did bring back a bronze in the leg kick division. Dallas Crowe, Omar Amed, Shannon Hudson, Danand Chuck, and Peyton Russel, thank you for working my corner and I could not have fought without you. Overall out out of seven fighter in the tournament we brought back 3 medals. A gold in the Muay Thai division by Dan, a Gold in leg kick by one of our females, and a bronze by myself in the leg kick division. I love all you guys and had a great time.
Dallas, what is 120 +50?
Omar, deenda!
Shannon, we still owe them for locking us in the bathroom.
Peace and God Bless.

Last edited by admin : 09-20-2004 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Contender

Send a message via Yahoo to Pisand
Thumbs up Re: World Championships/ Switzerland

Congratulations, Nelson on your medal.

Thank you also for the updates. Do you happen to know which female (name/gym) won in the leg kick division?
Old 09-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: World Championships/ Switzerland

Congratulations Nelson.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:29 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: World Championships/ Switzerland

Congratulations team USA!

Sincerely, Michael Dean
Old 09-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Fighter

The female fighter was Erin Cantrell of Gainesville, GA. She trains at United Karate under Kelly "The Lion" Leo.
Congrats Erin on your World Championship win over the German competitor.

The event was very well run and there were over 2000 competitors. I don't know the breakdown between division though. I can say that most division had a least 16 people, including the FC divisions and many had 24 or more. Some of the Semi-contact had as many as 47 people in the division. A medal of any kind out of this was a huge success. Many people fought all the way to the finals in back to back fights. I saw several people fight 4 fights virtually in a row, with maybe 2 fights between them or occ***ionally no fights between. People are correct in saying that there were 17 rings. There were 13 rings (matted rings) in the main hall for point, kids continuous, and kata/weapons. There were 4 rings in the second hall. These were boxing rings and had all of the FC and Adult continuous. We started early in the morning at around 9 and finished usually as late as 11pm, gerally running more than 100 fights per ring per day.

Other fighting notes: Paul Cantrell of Gainesville, GA lost to a very tough German fighter in the leg kick division. We had Jeri Mansur, of Gainesville, a 47 year young woman beat a few competitor into submission and come away with the Silver Medal in Womens Lightcontact. I, Steven Ferguson, lost to a Slovakian in the Light Contact division as a Light Heavyweight. There were 3 separate US teams. The full contact crew, the WKA Point/Continous crew, and the IAKSA Point/Continuous Crew. We probably had about 75 fighters across all divisions from the USA. We brought back a number of medals, I'll post counts when I get them.

Congrats to everyone who competed and witnessed this event.

Steven Ferguson
Old 09-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Training

Dan and I got home to Marquette, MI at about midnight last night. He has a full day of classes today and I'm just layin' low until I have to go to work tonight.
I was pleasantly surprised to see Nelson's post on this message board re. World Championships. I appreciate all the positive responses as well. It was my great pleasure to spend time with and get to know our fighters and coaches better. US kickboxing can be proud of this team. Not only did they fight their hearts out, they were admirable ambassadors of the United States of America.
The female kickboxer referred to in Nelson's post is Erin Cantrell from Georgia. Dan is Dan Pemble from Marquette, MI. In addition to the our WKA group, there were about a hundred IASKA kickboxers, coaches and family members. There were many medals taken by this group as well. I know I can't answere all questions, but if anyone has q's, I'll do my best.
My congratulations to all attendees!
Yours in good health,
Charles Pemble...

Last edited by admin : 09-20-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Charles tell Dan I said congrats. Same to all of team USA.
Team Singto Muay Thai / Kickboxing