Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Send a message via AIM to Pete P Send a message via Yahoo to Pete P
Default Re: Carroll's RoundKick Rumble Results

Well, I have finally sat down to post my thoughts on the Roundkick Rumble. Just now getting to relax from the past 2 months.

For our first show, I personally thought it went GREAT! Yes, there were minor glitches here and there, but none that we can't improve upon in the future. Most of us trainers who were there have already discussed the "length" of the show, so no need to go into detail on that. I want to start with all the thank you's:

Fighters: You are all true warriors! I witnessed so much talent, heart, focus, desire, drive, respect, and professionalism. It was incredible! Thank you! Without your desire, our sport would not exist.

To all of our staff and non-staff who just wanted to help out...We really appreciate all that you do and did. Without your support we could not have made it a success. And Geek, thank you for making the trip and helping whereever we needed you. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Mike and Terri Storm....what can I say. You and your team run a smooth show, if not for you, it would have been a mess, I am sure. I felt totally relieved to be able to put it in your hands and not have to worry about this and that. Thank you so much for your professionalism! Next time, we WILL NOT have so many fights on one card, or maybe do juniors in the day and the adults at night (with a beer garden..can I get a "Hell Yea"?). Looking forward to working with you again soon.

As for the Teams in competition: All I can say is WOW! What quality fighters!

Team Singto had all but one or two of their team on the card and they are always a force to reckon with. Dean brought over 100 spectators clear from Dubuque to watch the action. Now that is some AWESOME support. Thank you so much!

Team Roufus was in the house and were incredible to watch. Great fighters! Duke and Scott, you guys are "class" inside and outside of the ring. Thanks for your help!

Team Doyle (Emerald Mongoose Muay Thai) had an impressive showing as well. Joel, thanks for all your help with the ring. I wanted to panic at first with the glitch we had, but it all worked out just fine. I will see you all again March 26th.

Team Rising Phoenix made the trip as well. Dan, your guy may be knew but he has heart and will be very good very soon. Thanks for your support. I am glad you enjoyed the show and we would love to have you back next time (for a shorter event.. lol).

Team Prathet out of Arkansas. David, I was upset with Erica coming in 19 lbs heavier than Ann and the way the fight went down. But, I was also impressed with Kayla's performance in the title fight. She fought very smart and did exactly what she had to do to win. Congrats! Thank you for your support.

Brad Bragg and Jason Skowl, thanks for your support also. Jason has some serious heart and will be a great fighter. Brad, you looked good. The fight with you and Rafael could have went either way.

Matt Huffman, stepped up at the last minute and took a fight with Chuck Baxter from Team Singto. Thanks for your support Matt. Stick with it, let's stay in touch and cross train and get you going with the ring sports.

Now my team: Team Roundkick...I am proud of all of you. We took 5 out of 8 and you all gave 110 %. I could not ask any more from you. Team Roundkick will definitely be going for the titles at the next NAC, stay tuned to see!

David Oudthone brought his team on a 13 hour drive to be here, followed by Duke Roufus' 8 hour drive, and then Brad Brag's 7 hour drive. Dean had 3 or better, as well as Dan Tharp, with atleast 2 hours from the rest of the teams. So, thank you all for your efforts, support, and sacrifices to make our first Roundkick Rumble a success.

See you all at future fights!

Pete Peterson
Team RoundKick
Progressive Self Defense Academy
Carroll, Iowa
Old 03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Umm...Pete. don't you think a little pat on the back to me is in order? Y'know, a little something, for my mojo. Not that I want to take anything away from your "efforts" in hastily slapping that show together, but let's give credit where it's due, know what I mean?

You're welcome anyway.

Sincerely,

Team Golden Johnson/Team Dirty Bird/Team Rising Mongoose/Team Rabid Badger/Team Bad Monkey Mojo
Old 03-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Uhm....My bad Randy. How could I forget the mojo meister. A big thank you to "Team Let's Gooooooooooo"

Pete Peterson
Team RoundKick
Carroll, Iowa
Old 03-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

And Geek, thank you for making the trip and helping whereever we needed you.

My God I can't beleive you could even think of just thanking Geek by name only. I mean c'mon there were a whole bunch of us that worked really hard during those fights. Geez maybe I'm a little stressed out from the weekend and all but credit where credit is due. I realize I wasn't much help from a physical standpoint like holding pads and stuff due to my injuries, but I thought I did a wonderful job of telling Geek what to do. (and where to go at times) Hell I even coached Joel into knocking the tar out of Lee. Which reminds me, where was Joel's mom? She didn't come up and thank me later..........
Old 03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Jared H

Randy B quit whining. I didn't get mentioned by name either but if I remember correctly the said "Thanks to all students, staff, and non staff that just wanted to help."
Gosh man get a life

"The Tank"
Old 03-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete P
Well, I have finally sat down to post my thoughts on the Roundkick Rumble. Just now getting to relax from the past 2 months.

To all of our staff and non-staff who just wanted to help out...We really appreciate all that you do and did. Without your support we could not have made it a success. And Geek, thank you for making the trip and helping whereever we needed you. Looking forward to seeing you again!

See Randy B, you were mentioned! Actually, not even sure we could make a full list without accidently forgetting a name, then we'd hurt someone's feelings for forgetting them and it wasn't intentional, but everyone likes to feel appreciated for their efforts, so just saying "THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT HELPED" may have to cover it for now, especially since I didn't have a list with everyone listed so everyone knew what everyone was doing........... oops, I did, I'll give you a copy so you will know who "everyone" was. just teasin Arby!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared H
Randy B quit whining. I didn't get mentioned by name either but if I remember correctly the said "Thanks to all students, staff, and non staff that just wanted to help."
Gosh man get a life

"The Tank"

Just a little good natured quoting from someone else's private rant, er I mean private post on another board. The simple fact that GEEK got mentioned specifically and none of the rest of us did. It's enough to make a guy go postal.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy B
Just a little good natured quoting from someone else's private rant, er I mean private post on another board. The simple fact that GEEK got mentioned specifically and none of the rest of us did. It's enough to make a guy go postal.

Ok, Ok....so I had a "moment" before! I am over it. And actually your sarcasm is 'just'. It made me laugh, too, at myself mainly. Randy, your reply to me on the other board was pretty accurate, with regards to the 'taking for granted' part. I am guilty of the very same things alot of times, without realizing it. When it happens to me I normally blow it off, 'cause it doesn't really matter to me, but this time it just did...don't really know why, sorry!

Oh, on a serious note....i mentioned Geek by name because he is not part of our staff, student base, and came 3 hours to help anyway. But, Pam is posting a full list as we speak of who helped with what. My apologizies anyway!

Pete Peterson
Team RoundKick
Carroll, Iowa
Old 03-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Jared H

Yes Randy i understand where you are comming from. There were so many of us included under "staff and non-staff" that it probably would have taken forever to list them all and then there would be somone who was not mentioned and there would still be whining. She probably just mentioned Geek by himself because he isn't affiliated (sp) within the "staff or non-staff" or any other group that was mentioned.

sorry pete i must have been writing this while you were writing yours.

www.progressiveselfdefense.com
www.teamroundkick.com

Last edited by Jared H : 03-08-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared H
Yes Randy i understand where you are comming from. There were so many of us included under "staff and non-staff" that it probably would have taken forever to list them all and then there would be somone who was not mentioned and there would still be whining. She probably just mentioned Geek by himself because he isn't affiliated (sp) within the "staff or non-staff" or any other group that was mentioned.

Dude it's a joke - I really don't give a rats petuttie if I get mentioned or not. Sarcasm man...... Wait till I'm healed up - I'll beat it into your head....