Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Default Suggestions to Improve next years NAC

First Posted On: 09-15-2004, 07:12 AM by DEAN LESSEI

1. 3 lines for registration, weigh in and physicals broken down into adult men, adult women and juniors.
2. Hotel that has better prices for food as well as surrounding area restaraunts. Perhaps have food vouchers or breakfast buffett etc.
3. For rules meeting divide into 3 groups broken down into FCR, IR and MTR. At rules meeting spend more time on rules then other things. Fighters need to eat and rest.
Any other suggestions to improve this great tournament? The IKF has done a good job of listening to their supporters. We all want to see this event and our sport grow.
Team Singto Muay Thai / Kickboxing
Old 09-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Suggestions to Improve next years NAC

First Posted On: 09-15-2004, 01:25 PM by Austin "OT" Baitman

I Agree in part and repsectfully dissent in part.

1. Three lines, three scales, and three MD's for physicals would make the process run smoother.

2. I agree, make the food reasonably priced and easily available.

3. I dont think it is practical to "split" the rules meeting based on style, as some trainers and/or officials must work more than one style. Though I do see your point as to undue delay.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Administrator

First Posted On: 09-16-2004, 10:45 AM by Pete P

Austin,

I think it is possible to split the rules meetings, even with trainers working more than one style. If we split the registering, each style should finish at different times. There are far more in FCR than the others, and more were in IR than MT. So, it could be arranged to have the register time deadlines staggered by 30 minutes, to allow for staggered rules meetings. With the various complaints about the rules and officiating this last NAC, it would be beneficial to separate AND elaborate more for each style. Trainers and Officials could make all meetings that way.

Just my opinion.

Pete
Old 09-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Administrator

First Posted On: 09-17-2004, 08:47 PM by Austin "OT" Baitman

Good point pete. I have to give you that one. I never even thought about staggering the times [slaps head]. Why didn't I think of that?
Old 09-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Administrator

First Posted on 09-19-2004, 03:08 PM by Pammypanda1

I like the idea of staggering the rules meetings and keeping those meetings to ONLY the rules. At the 2004 event, ONLY fighters and trainers were allowed at the rules meeting, and there were presentations made that took the place of the "Events Ceremony" that was going to take place on Sunday night. Some did not find out the "Sunday night After the fights ceremony" was done on Friday night until they asked on Sunday when/where it was going to take place.

"Rules Meetings" should be strictly rules and cover them in depth so there are no questions over the weekend about what is legal and what isnt.

"Officials Meetings" should cover, in depth, what is expected of the officials and how to handle disgruntled cornermen .

"Ceremonies" should be at a set time, so EVERYONE knows ahead of time when/where it will be .
Old 09-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Administrator

First Posted On: 09-21-2004, 11:05 AM by Jenna Droluk

As far as weigh-ins go, I think separate lines for the different rules styles is a great idea.
But, what does everyone think about letting defending champions be first in line for weigh-ins and physicals? Or even letting all the returning finalists (people who fought in the championship bout--win or lose) be first in line for weigh-ins and physicals?
Just an idea...
Old 09-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Who is First?

First Posted on: 09-21-2004, 11:27 AM by admin

Good idea Jenna.
Here is another,
How about we have all those who register "ON TIME" - before the first deadline be allowed to register FIRST, or have their OWN LINE.

Those who register will be given a "Register Line Number".

Each line will be related as to when they registered for the event.

Once in these lines, maybe we could have a "Champions Line" followed by second place finishers or whatever.

However, keep this in mind too. More lines means more helpers. We would need more people helping to accomplish such a task.

We agree we need more than 1 scale. We had 3, 2 years ago, but the last 2 years Tanita only donated 1. We will make this a priority for 2005 along with more people to give fighter physicals.

A lot can be learned from our past and improved for the future as long as we all work towards improving what has been done in the past.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:05 PM
Administrator

First Posted On: 09-21-2004, 01:26 PM by Pete P

Admin,

Are you serious or being sarcastic with Jenna?? Just curious, I can't tell. Anyway, I think that would make things more difficult, people will arrive at different times, depending on when their respective flights arrive or when they make it from driving. Having the window like this year works, just have three lines and staggered rules meetings and I would bet eveyone would be happy with how much more efficient it runs. Just my opinion of course. AND, I am sure some of the teams have Tanita scales they could lend, I know we have one.

Pete P
Old 09-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Actually Pete, we were very serious.

We are not FIXED on any changes yet but we have been considering EVERYTHING from what Jenna suggested to what we suggested, which have been suggestions from other people.

We have also been thinking about changing the weigh-in - registration window from 12 Noon to 7:PM to 10:AM to 5:PM so we can be done with the rules meeting (s?) sooner and get the brackets posted faster. We are open to MANY changes and ideas to improve the event...

The idea has also been kicked around about calling the tournbament a "WORLD CLASSIC" even, but there are many issues that play into such a tournament such as:

1: Would the Europeans come?
2: How do we assure those who attend from Europe have not fought pro?
3: What are the worries of visa's and passport issues?

And many other issues...
Old 09-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Master Champion

Send a message via AIM to Austin "OT" Baitman Send a message via Yahoo to Austin "OT" Baitman

1. Would the Europeans Come? Probably

2. How do you make sure they havent fought professionally? Very carefully. No really, you check with IKF Europe, and also have each athlete (or parent if under 18) sign a statement under pain of penalty for perjury that the athlete has not fought as a professional.

3. Passports and visas. Should not be a problem. I doubt any fighters we are aware of have any legal disability related to admission to this country Do you want me to contact the Dept of state for the appropriate ruling? I can do so. Just give me a few days.