Kickboxing Message Board

Go Back   Kickboxing Message Board > IKF Kickboxing > IKF KICKBOXING NEWS
User Name
Password
NEWS EVENTS CHAT Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Craig Smith

Default Copeland to teach Seminar in Va. Beach

Ronnie Copeland (World Kickboxing Champion) will be teaching a Kickboxing seminar on Sept. 16th in va. Beach at Craig Smith Karate and Kickboxing Gym. Location 1581 General Booth Blvd Suite 116 Va. Beach va. 23454. Time is 1pm till 4pm. This will be a (3) hour seminar on the following:
1.) Mitt Work Learning how to punch mitts as well as Coach and train with.
2.) Drills for preparing for Fight time. Includes (footwork,Movement in the ring,hand and foot positioning,Cardio, Mental preperations, and Combo's).
3.) Strength and conditioning work
4.) Sparring
5.) How to be Coached and be Coached by Ronnie while Sparring.
6.) There will be free sparring at the end with all involved including coaches: Phil Maldanato, Copeland, Randy Pogue, Craig Smith, Mike Decker, and More. Come train with the best in Va. Beach Sept 16th.
For more info call 757-491-1733.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Default Re: Copeland to teach Seminar in Va. Beach

Sound great Craig! Wish I could be there............
Old 07-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Banned

Craig made a small mistake in his post the seminar is not on Sept 16th it is this weekend July 16th.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Champion

July?
I actually had September 16th set in the calendar. It would have given me enough time to work off all the weight i gained from my vacation last week in LA. "Little chocolate donuts, the breakfast of Champions"

Hopefully you can teach another one in the near future, since I wont be able to make the one this weekend.

I was looking forward to the corner/training seminar sessions too.

Have a great time this weekend

-c
Old 07-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Mr. Copeland.

After much harassment from Mr. Smith, I may be in attendance at your seminar this weekend. I might even bring a couple of green fighters with me, to benefit from your expert tutelage.

I'd be much more inclined to show up if I knew that y'all would be heading to the local Hooters Restaurant on Saturday night. In case you didn't know, Hooters is famous for showing PPV fights with no cover, and I don't want to miss the Bernard Hopkins fight.

Now I know that sort of place might offend Craig's conservative Southern sensibilities, but maybe you could talk to him about it for me.

Let me know.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame Champion

Will there be blackjack training? If Randy "Good Times" Pogue is teaching I would think of flying in.

Geek

"Off the kickboxing topic, all I can say is you need to get right with Jesus"...IRISH GUTS to RANDY POGUE
Old 07-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Craig Smith

Hey guys, sorry about the typo, it is this saturday from 1pm till 4pm or until we finish sparring. Chris wish you could be there, if you can make it try, it will be worth it. As far as Randy Pogue, we will see the fights saturday night somewhere I promise. it may be in the back of a pickup truck or in the back VIP room of Hooters, but I promise you will see the fight. Now pack your bags brother, lets fight. I am so looking forward to all the good fighters coming to town. Ronnie Copeland, Mike Harris, Phil Maldanato, Trish Koeler, Szilvia Laszceik, Cara Dickerson, Nelson Lebron, Randy Pogue, Adam Jones, Charles Baines, Possibly Mike Decker, Possibly Tommy Poey, and some good Jr's as well. Its going to be a Great day and night of fights. Come train with the best, walk the walk again in Va. Saturday July 16th 1pm till 4pm and then the BIG PARTY. Now you know with all the Blockers in town, its going to be a WAR.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Hall Of Fame Champion

This is going to be great! Va. Beach is getting nothing but heavy rains for the next 10 days. What a perfect time for a trip. The only upside is, at least we will all be better prepared for hurricane season in Orlando. I've got a new umbrella I need to test out anyway.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Pogue
Mr. Copeland.

After much harassment from Mr. Smith, I may be in attendance at your seminar this weekend. I might even bring a couple of green fighters with me, to benefit from your expert tutelage.

I'd be much more inclined to show up if I knew that y'all would be heading to the local Hooters Restaurant on Saturday night. In case you didn't know, Hooters is famous for showing PPV fights with no cover, and I don't want to miss the Bernard Hopkins fight.

Now I know that sort of place might offend Craig's conservative Southern sensibilities, but maybe you could talk to him about it for me.

Let me know.

That's only the Hooter's in KOP, bro! In Denver they don't show fights at all. I'm still checking on the one's in the ATL. My advice, as a USA traveler, call ahead! Each state handles PPV differently. Hell, in CO I had to go to a topless bar to watch PPV. That was some tough duty!
Old 07-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Banned

What do you mean Craig it is GOING to be a blocking war. From what I hear you have already started preblocking. I am throwing a flag on the play for a false start.

You have already blocked Mike. But he says he is up to the challenge.

CRAIG SMITH

Last edited by Ronnie Copeland : 07-12-2005 at 04:18 PM.