IKF WORLD CLASSIC
THE BEST SHOW-UP PERCENTAGE
THAN ANY OTHER TOURNAMENT
The majority of the
tournaments around the world would like everyone to believe that the big win is
in the number of registered fighters. However, the REAL WIN is the
number of fighters who "Show-Up" to actually compete. Some
hide these numbers by only posting the Champion and second place finishers.
Since the first IKF Tournament, we've
always posted EVERY CONTENDER on our results pages (CLICK HERE).
To give you a perspective of drops, in that record breaking
year of 2010, of the 320 who registered, 268 were how many fighters that showed
up to "Walk the Walk" which was 84%. The best "Show Up"
percentage still belongs to the 2007 year in which 201 fighters registered and
194 showed up which is an unheard of 97%, a percentage NO OTHER
Tournament in the world has ever come close to.
Here is a breakdown of the past 19 years with total number of
registered fighters listed first. Those who showed up second and the number of
dropped as a percentage number. The most outstanding number though is the
overall total who attend the IKF
World Classic which is an outstanding 83% of the fighters who
register to "Walk the Walk!"
- FIRST YEAR: 1999: 91 Registered Fighters, / 72 Showed Up To Fight!
An 80% Show Up Percentage: Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA.
- 2000: 145 / 116 - 80%: Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA.
- 2001: 266 / 207 - 77%: Olathe, Kansas, USA.
- 2002: 244 / 200 - 82%: Davenport, Iowa, USA.
- 2003: 242 / 220 - 90%: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA.
- 2004: 257 / 220 - 86%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2005: 270 / 240 - 89%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2006: 217 / 190 - 88%: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA.
- 2007: 201 / 194 - 97%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2008: 262 / 229 - 87%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2009: 280 / 237 - 85%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2010: 320 / 268 - 84%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2011: 282 / 226 - 80%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2012: 298 / 228 - 77%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2013: 361 / 289 - 80%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2014: 310 / 257 - 82%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2015: 304 / 230 - 75%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2016: 404 / 301 - 71%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- 2017: 284 / 239 - 84%: Orlando, Florida, USA.
- The AVERAGE PERCENTAGE Of Registered
Fighters That show-up to the IKF
Tournament is 82.63%
in mind, this is the average from the TOTAL of Registered Fighters. The week of
the event, we always list on our Registered Contenderspage, what fighters are
still committed to attending. To place this in the right perspective, in 2017,
284 fighters registered. However, the week of the event, only 252 were still
confirmed to attend. Of those 252, the 239 showed up, which is a Show-Up
Percentage of 94.84%!
As you can see, it's not always about the number of registered fighters.
It's about "HOW MANY" actually show up to "Walk The
Walk" and meet up Face to Face to compete with their peers. Last year
the IKF World Classic
numbers dropped below 80% because like in 2012, we had a lot of fighters switch
to semi contact point kickboxing. The fighters who compete in the IKF Point
Kickboxing are not included in the "Show Up" numbers. If so we
would average between 9 to 14% higher.
The bottom line here is, "Fighters SHOW-UP" to the IKF World Classic!
As one trainer put it, "Just showing up, and being placed in the
results is a big plus on a fighters resume. And to win it... Even more."
Keep in mind this. The IKF
World Classic is not the only thing the IKF
does year around. The IKF is not just a "Regional"
sanctioning body or just a Tournament Promoter. The IKF
is Worldwide sanctioning body sanctioning over 1,000 events a year around the
world. Being so draws a lot more credibility and recognition to the IKF World Classic
Champions as well as contenders. There are plenty of places fighters can win
titles today, However, when you win an IKF
Title, or an IKF World
Classic Title, You'll be remembered as a Champion Forever!
IKF World Classic Belt Above...
The 2015 IKF World
Classic Belt Above...
2016 IKF World Classic Belt Above...
What Will The 2018 IKF
World Classic Belt Look Like? Just Wait And see...
- WHAT ELSE IS GREAT ABOUT THE 2018
IKF WORLD CLASSIC?
- FIGHTER REGISTRATION FEE
- Early Fighter Registration Fee is ONLY $65.00!
- See all the Fighter Registration Deadlines by Clicking
- LOW HOTEL RATE
- During the IKF Tournament time, rates at the Hyatt
Regency Orlando start at $169.00 per night Plus Resort Fees.
if you register under the IKF Kickboxing room Block, Your Room Rate Is ONLY
- RESTAURANTS AT THE HOST HOTEL
- Urban Tide
Coastal Florida cuisine with bold flavors and seasonal ingredients.
- Fiorenzo Italian Steakhouse
Rustic Italian fare meets a modern Florida steakhouse.
- The 24-hour B-Line Diner
A menu full of comfort foods, served in a diner atmosphere 24
hours a day.
Craft cocktails, beer, and wine within a spirited bar
- Lobby Bar
appetizers in a casual lobby setting Poolside.
- Cabana Coconuts Poolside Bar &
Floridian food and eclectic cocktails served adjacent to
the Grotto Pool.
- Coffee Etcetera
Coffee drinks and grab-and-go snacks in the lobby.
- THINGS CLOSE BY
- Being located on International Drive places this years host hotel in the
heart of activity in Orlando.
As for Restaurants here are those within 1
mile of the host hotel include:
- Urban Tide
- B-Line Diner
- Fiorenzo Italian Steakhouse
- The Capital Grille
- Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
- Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
- Jack's Place
- The Pub
- Marlow's Tavern
- The Oceanaire Seafood Room
- Johnny Rockets
- B.B. King's Blues Club
- Maggiano's Little Italy
- Copper Canyon Grill
- Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse
- Cafe Matisse
- Taverna Opa
- Red Lobster
- Miller's Ale House
- Itta Bena
- Pizza Hut
- Harry's Poolside Bar & Grill
- Olive Garden
- Giano Caffe & Gelato
- Bahama Breeze
- Adobe Gila's
- Ben & Jerry's
- Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dave & Buster's
- Ciao Italia Ristorante
- NYPD Pizza
- Hooters I-Drive
- TGI Friday's
- Boston Lobster Feast
- Chuy's Chuy'
- Brick House Tavern
- Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
- Sam & Bubbes
- Bonefish Grill Bonefish Grill
- Sid's Bistro Sid's Bistro
- Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant
- Uno Chicago Bar & Grill
- David's Club Bar & Grill
- Outback Steakhouse
- Domino's Pizza
- Panera Bread
- Joe's Crab Shack
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
- CiCi's Pizza
- Vincenzo Cucina Italiana
- Carrabba's Italian Grill
- Spencer's For Steaks & Chops
- Vito's Chop House
- Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse
- Plaza Garden Restaurant
- Village Inn Village Inn
- Funky Monkey Wine Company
- Cafe Tu Tu Tango
- 98Forty Tapas & Tequila
- Red's Deli
- Fat Fish Blue
- Seito Sushi Seito
- Senor Frog's Orlando
- Kings Dining & Entertainment
- Banshoo Sushi Bar
- Yard House
- Cafe Gauguin
- Charley's Steak House
- Hot Krust Panini Kitchen
- Shake Shack
- At Siam Thai Cuisine
- Tony Roma's
- LongHorn Steakhouse
- Westgate Smokehouse Grill
- Lite Bite Mini-Market & Deli
- Whole Foods Market
- American Drafts Sports Bar & Grill
- And don't forget the Theme
Parks in Orlando:
- Disney's Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom Park
- Walt Disney World
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Aquatica SeaWorld's Waterpark
- Discovery Cove
- I-Drive 360
- Universal Island of Adventure
- Volcano Bay
- Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Universal Studios
- Gatorland Orlando
- Aquatica Park
ALL 2018 IKF WORLD CLASSIC TOURNAMENT INFO